Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All things Brighton beautiful: Gulls fly on and off pitch

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Great piece about the Albion in The Sun (yes, really)...

BRIGHTON have been leaving clubs trailing in their wake this season on the pitch.

And they have been blowing everyone else away off it, too.

Their stadium and training complex are state-of-the-art, the importance they place on their women’s team is largely unrivalled and fan interaction, particularly over social media, is second to none.

More: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ton-beautiful-Gulls-fly-on-and-off-pitch.html

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Thanks Bozza, with everything going so well on the pitch, it's good to be reminded just how lucky we are in every aspect of our club :thumbsup:

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
:bowdown:

Proud

:albion2:

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Good gracious, a fabulous article in the Sun praising our inclusion and diversity. I'm off to bed and will check again in the morning to see if this actually happened.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
When you think back to the days when we were boycotting matches, whistling, marching and charging the director's box it really is amazing to see how far we have come.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fair play, first time I've read that rag since Hillborough and it's a great article.

In the context of Thursday's live Roar we were discussing sports journalism on Saturday before the match, with the conclusion that good sports journalists don't always have to follow the politics or style of the rest of the paper. I think this proves it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

BRIGHTON have been leaving clubs trailing in their wake this season on the pitch.

Their stadium and training complex are state-of-the-art, the importance they place on their women’s team is largely unrivalled and fan interaction, particularly over social media, is second to none.

More: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ton-beautiful-Gulls-fly-on-and-off-pitch.html

Many thanks for this. It is amazing how the press has all of a sudden heard of us this season. Articles in the form of match reports appear all the time now, albeit still with the usual minimal coverage outside of the premier league.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's clearly a pattern forming.

Journo told to do a fluff piece on the Albion.
Journo's last visit to Sussex was to Withdean.
Journo begrudgingly rolls into Lancing.
Journo's head explodes.

Then they write a massive fevered reverential piece in about 5 minutes because they are unable to contain their excitement.

Welcome to Albion 2015/16.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oh dear I was hopping we be under the radar for a few more games. However I am very proud of our club and being part of the fans who did some unusual things to save the club and had season ticket at Gillingham and Withdean and the Goldstone and now the Amex.I am looking forward to the next three games as it will show us how far the club has come. I hope the ladies get a few more games at the Amex and one day leading to European football at the Amex. Please spread the news that its is a great day out at the Amex and I can't wait till the Amex is full the club and TB deserve it. Don't forget he had a five year plan be part of it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
There's clearly a pattern forming.

Journo told to do a fluff piece on the Albion.
Journo's last visit to Sussex was to Withdean.

Maybe. But Tom Barclay has been The Sun's football league reporter for quite a while

[tweet]557979955078782980[/tweet]

And he's watched and reported on Amex and Albion games countless times in the last few years.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe. But Tom Barclay has been The Sun's football league reporter for quite a while

[tweet]67062810668475597[/tweet]

And he's watched and reported on Amex and Albion games countless times in the last few years.
I was being a little playful, what with the likes of Jacob Steinberg and Amy Lawrence recently falling into the same 'trap'.

Although match reporting must be an entirely different experience to what is clearly a 'red carpet' treatment at Lancing?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
With a black manager in charge at a time when there are nowhere near enough ethnic minority coaches in the game, it is fair to say the Seagulls are the prototype of a modern football club.

I thought we appointed the best manager available at the time and colour had no bearing on it. In that context I'm surprised he didn't congratulate us on having the nations most hated bird as our mascot.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
I was being a little playful, what with the likes of Jacob Steinberg and Amy Lawrence recently falling into the same 'trap'.

Although match reporting must be an entirely different experience to what is clearly a 'red carpet' treatment at Lancing?

I think you're being a bit harsh on football journalists here.
Amy Lawrence, for example, has been writing about the Albion and football for nearly 20 years
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jan/25/brighton-dreamers-miracle-fa-cup
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/24/inigo-calderon-brighton-arsenal-fa-cup

Steinberg might have tripped up in his pre-season preview in predicting Albion would struggle this season but then hey. Who didn't.
but he's an experienced journalist more than capable of spotting a story without the club pulling the wool over his eyes.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/21/beram-kayal-tomer-hemed-israelis-brighton

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Read an article in The Sun? I'll pass thanks.......... why would anyone read The Sun, I don't understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here