Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The club is live streaming the women's game vs Charlton from the Amex

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Eight minutes in and all that has really happened of note is a Charlton player being reduced to tears, and having to go off, after a crunching 50-50 with a Brighton defender.

Edit: While I was typing that, Brighton took the lead.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Exactly what I was thinking. Looks pretty muddy. Perhaps showing the effects of too many additional games eg Rugby, under 21s and now this game, plus some very wet weather. Worst state I think I've ever seen it in.

In fairness, we never usually see it 1 day after a match.. You'd be surprised how much a pitch can improve over a couple days with good grounds keeping.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fantastic day & great to watch the girls in front of a record breaking crowd. It clearly meant a lot to them and as a club we should be very proud. And yest another win :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Exactly what I was thinking. Looks pretty muddy. Perhaps showing the effects of too many additional games eg Rugby, under 21s and now this game, plus some very wet weather. Worst state I think I've ever seen it in.

They have 2 weeks to repair it so should be no problem with their heat lamps.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Fantastic day & great to watch the girls in front of a record breaking crowd. It clearly meant a lot to them and as a club we should be very proud. And yest another win :)

I was at the game and thought it was fantastic. Really enjoyed it, some great play by the Albion and deserved the win. Very entertaining and the game for some reason seem to go quicker then the men's game. May because we had a two goal lead and I was not looking through my fingers for most of the second half.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
That is a impressive crowd , those girls must have loved playing at the AMEX.

Did we manage to get around the X amount of matches/events per year with the council then???

Yes thats a good point, but the same may be said of the U21 games as the Premier league rules suddenly stated you had to play three games a season at your home ground. I always assumed we didn't use it more as its a loss leader to have this types of games at your home ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here