Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Broadband service.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Around a week ago we had connection problems with our landline/broadband,an appointment was made for a site visit and repair and the engineer was fine and decent about everything with the fault being outside our property therefore no charge (£130) if on your side,as no doubt you know. However this is my gripe the day before the engineer was due to arrive BT sent me a text clearly stating the fault was My Side,shortly after the repair that text had been removed from my phone (but i still have it as it was forwarded on) mundane i know,but would you complain about this ?:wave:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I have XLN (business line) and there was a fault causing my credit card machine to fail when calling out. As XLN send a BT engineer out at their expense the call went like this -
Me/ I have a fault on my line.
XLN/ check cables
Me/ I have.
XLN/ change box (at my expense)
Me/ still faulty send help
XLN/ it will cost you if the fault is in you premises
Me/ Yes, send someone.
XLN/ OK I'll book a call
Three days later
Me/ where is the engineer?
XLN/ Oh we wait three days in case you change your mind. You know it will (may) cost you?
Me/ it is a fault on the line, send someone.
XLN/ OK
Never did see or hear from an engineer but the fault cleared next day.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Around a week ago we had connection problems with our landline/broadband,an appointment was made for a site visit and repair and the engineer was fine and decent about everything with the fault being outside our property therefore no charge (£130) if on your side,as no doubt you know. However this is my gripe the day before the engineer was due to arrive BT sent me a text clearly stating the fault was My Side,shortly after the repair that text had been removed from my phone (but i still have it as it was forwarded on) mundane i know,but would you complain about this ?:wave:

1. Did the engineer tell you it was inside or outside ?
2. Have you actually been charged ?

Complaints in the past have been along the lines of "no-one keeps us informed what's going on" so the focus now is on sending messages to customers so they know what's going on.
Look at it this way, if you report a problem, hear nothing for 4 days, then the phone comes back, you think "What a shithouse firm, 4 days". If, on the other hand, you get an initial message telling you that a cable has been damaged by a third party & emergency roadworks are needed, then another message saying the damage has been found, duct repairs are needed and it's likely to take 5 days before al services are restored, when it comes back after 4 days you think "Well done, got it back early"
I suspect someone (or an automated system) has sent the wrong message.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Outside fault and no charge,how it is the text that BT sent me the day claiming it was an inside fault.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I had this issue a few months ago.
We had a buzzing sound on our phone line, no issues with the broadband.
Did all the usual checks with the gimp techs on my mobile, nothing sorted.
They said they would send an 'indoor engineer' round to sort out the issue free of charge, as BT were doing a special offer at that time.
In between waiting for the man to come round, I took the socket off the wall, gave it a good clean around where the cable connects with the socket, buzzing sound now gone.
Spoke to BT to inform of the above, but still insisted engineer came round.
Engineer arrived two days later, explained to him what had happened.
Waste of time, him coming out.
I would complain, as they need to sort out problem first, before deciding who's fault it is!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here