Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Grant preferred to Carson in goal for Derby. Or is Carson injured.

Wednesday trying a shot from long range.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Percy starting a match thread? were loose.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tackles flying in, yellow cards coming out.

Bradley Johnson is a thoroughly unpleasant individual.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Got to admit, this is the first time in my life I have wanted Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: to win a game of football.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Good to see there is a side as awful as taking corners as us. Every Wednesday :lolol: one overhit. HT 0-0

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Derby look as though they have virtually a full side. Wednesday are missing a few players.

Warnock is more than an adequate replacement for Forsyth at left back. Will Hughes might be a bit lightweight as first choice. Possible weakness could be Bryson is missing in midfield for Derby who could increase their pace.

I can't see any weaknesses, but note the slow pace the game is being played at. This might be just the first half?

Derby will tested to see how good they really are in this match and against Brighton next week. On the face of it, it looks like Derby have the strength in depth rather than their rivals who have been hit with injuries.

The only thing is a possible weakness is that the teams with quick players may cause Derby problems, or they may not? Teams that are strong in defence and quick on the break like Middlesbrough and to lesser extent Wednesday. NB: Birmingham and Charlton are quick on the break but not good in defence.

The other teams that cause Derby trouble are teams that are overall quicker throughout their team. Derby do look a bit ponderous, but that may apply to all the other Championship teams as well?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wednesday looking good, but I don't think that the Derby keeper had a serious save to make, did he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here