Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Tonight part deux.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Just watching FL tonight again...what is wrong with those people? Brighton on a record equalling 19 undefeated run, top of the league coming back from 2-0 down for a towering last gasp victory and we get the customary flash highlights accompanied by Virgos musings while Boro, Burnley, Leeds et al get extended highlights? How does that work then? It's reminiscent of previous seasons where, apparently, mentioning Brighton AT ALL was a sacking offence.

We ware, currently, the best team in the division with a very healthy support and some fantastic players on show. Sort yourselves out Channel five..it's beyond a joke.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Given up with it, the format is horrendous so just watch the highlights and summary program on Sky.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Saving the top billing & extended highlights for the Derby & Boro game? They can't feature us massively every week.

Peteinblack

Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Agree, it was a bizarre way to cover our game and brilliant come-back.

Was, and still am, totally p*ssed off at this pathetic coverage.

There again, the whole programme is amateurish; I can't see it running again next season - not on Channel 5 at least.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I just watched it on catch up, what a dire programme it was. Not only was the format trash, but the pundits had nothing of any great value to say - including Virgo (and I generally think he is very good). Total waste of a show and I will not be watching it again.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I thought the BBC offering was sh!te but this is just beyond a joke.Last night they had a full 90 minutes to show just championship games and still managed to phuq it up.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Saving the top billing & extended highlights for the Derby & Boro game? They can't feature us massively every week.

It's considered polite to show the leaders somewhere near the top of the bill though. To have the only undefeated leading team after the third ad break is just bizarre. Fair enough if it was 0-0 but not a five goal thriller like that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's shit and I haven't bothered all season. I think Virgo's secretly ashamed but the bloke needs to pay the mortgage.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
It's shit and I haven't bothered all season. I think Virgo's secretly ashamed but the bloke needs to pay the mortgage.

Paying the mortgage doesn't matter to that other bellend George whatnot, who regularly rattles on about Leeds. Virgo should shoulder the little runt off the set and DEMAND a rethink of the coverage priorities.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just watching FL tonight again...what is wrong with those people? Brighton on a record equalling 19 undefeated run, top of the league coming back from 2-0 down for a towering last gasp victory and we get the customary flash highlights accompanied by Virgos musings while Boro, Burnley, Leeds et al get extended highlights? How does that work then? It's reminiscent of previous seasons where, apparently, mentioning Brighton AT ALL was a sacking offence.

We ware, currently, the best team in the division with a very healthy support and some fantastic players on show. Sort yourselves out Channel five..it's beyond a joke.

This. I was so looking forward to seeing us on tv after the buzz of yesterday afternoon's exciting win. Silly me, in a couple of minutes it was all over.

What a horrible car crash of a show this progaramme is. Come back Manish Bhasin, Steve Claridge, and Leroy Rosenior. The Beebs version was a million times better. All supporters want to see, are highlights of their team's games, not a confused layout ,with absurd mumblings from second rate pundits, and appearances from psuedo fans.

Does anyone know how long the contract with Channel 5 lasts?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It's a dire show. Tbh may as well just watch the sky sports clip. Last longer and you don t have to watch their love in every week with Leeds, Derby or Middlesbrough

CheeseRolls

Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There seems to be something wrong at the Amex. Either we have sub-standard cameras, or a lack of editing facilties. I suspect it is the former. The picture quality from our game is shocking and it is really no wonder they don't want to dwell on the highlights. Is this something we need to get sorted out Mr Barber ?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I gave up with Ch5's offering after the first couple of shows. If its as bad as people keep posting then I'm glad I don't waste my time with it anymore. I just wait for the highlights to come up on Seagulls player - job done.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Happy to be under the radar 3 more wins on the trot then they will wake up lets hope we strengthen the team for the second half of the season for the run in.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There seems to be something wrong at the Amex. Either we have sub-standard cameras, or a lack of editing facilties. I suspect it is the former. The picture quality from our game is shocking and it is really no wonder they don't want to dwell on the highlights. Is this something we need to get sorted out Mr Barber ?

I really don't understand why the cameras seem to be a million miles from the pitch, al la the highlights shown last night.

That isn't the case when matches are shown live at the Amex by Sky. Are the cameras in a different place for some reason?, and if so why?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I pleaded with her indoors to let me watch the first 10 minutes expecting the BHA v Charlton 5 goal, 0:2 comeback, unbeaten run, top of the league thriller to be the first game. Nearly got locked out of the bedroom and had to make the night time drinks as a penalty.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
They've tried to make a football highlights show in the Top Gear mould and it just doesn't work.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Other matches were showing the goals, and goal mouth incidents, were shown two or three times from different angles. No such coverage for us.

Feb 14, 2010

The press have never understood the Albion. It's having a big support but no success and so they have no idea what to make of us and never have. It's our lack of success on the pitch historically that is the cause of it. Always has been and now there is this thing called "The Premier League" the modern press have even less of a clue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here