Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Evolution of Bobby Zamora

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll be honest I was quite cynical about the return of Bobby and personally was more thinking it was a sort of appeasement for us the fans, or possibly more a marketing gimmick for selling shirts but I was very wrong.

Many of of us remember the whippet of a player so agile with a deadly eye for goal who just terrorised lower division defenders.

Yet when he left he left he went with dignity, we all loved him and followed his career and he even held out the candle for us and supported the marches to move to Falmer.

What we have now is a player that can hold up the ball but more importantly is a deadly goal poacher in the 6 yard box which is basically instinct and yes he will teach Baldock, Hemed and Wilson a lot about the art of scoring a goal.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bobby has only been a natural regular goalscorer in an Albion shirt. The stripes DO something to him!!!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I too viewed his return with a degree of cynicism. I'm so happy to be proved wrong.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was sceptical about his signing.

We could probably raise some money for charity by having our very own version of the 'ice bucket challenge'. All us Zamora doubters could crack an egg on our face each time he hits the net.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
One of the coolest finishers in the game. Zamora's career will be remembered for the amount of crucial goals he scored right up to European level.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Here's a question for you. Do you go that little bit more mental than usual when Bobby scores? I mean compared to a goal by another Albion player of course!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I didn't really care that much how he did, the football romantic in me was just happy to see him back. And he was never going to be a total disaster was he?

But seeing him banging in the goals (or dinking) and celebrating in front of the North Stand as we top the 2nd tier is the stuff of dreams isn't it? Hmm? Well, isn't it?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
He's our Tap In King. Right place, right time, places it perfectly, out of reach of keeper and defenders on the line. Oozes quality.

That's what we've been missing and the Amex since we moved in. Composure in front of goal, we've always created chances but failed to put enough away.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Broke my heart when he left in 2003 now there is a second chance and the youngsters can love him too

I'd agree with this to the degree that although he's a legend already, younger kids are wanting his name on a shirt for his exploits now, rather than 15 years ago. My 5 year old new who he was when he signed, but yesterday was adamant that she wanted his name on her 2013 kit "because he's the best and always scores", was a very proud Dad moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Albion dont have enough cover in many positions, all over the pitch.
I blamed the vanity signing of Bobby for the failure to secure a competitive front 4.

It's clear I couldn't have been louder wrong if I tried.
Unless you count me not even being 'fence' when talking all things Hughton, over the summer.

It would seem those at the club, pulling the strings, know more than a fat middle-aged postie.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Here's a question for you. Do you go that little bit more mental than usual when Bobby scores? I mean compared to a goal by another Albion player of course!

Yes
unwritten contractual obligation between us and Bobby..........long may it continue.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was massively up for this signing, I just wanted to see Bobby back in the stripes and would have been happy with him as fourth or even fifth choice striker just getting the odd 15mins here and 20mins there with a goal or two. He has actually continued his goal scoring form of 2002/03, in fact, if someone was able to do the math (calculating minutes) he is probably more lethal than he was all those years ago. If he wasn't already, he is well and truly on Ward's table now. And what of Zamora mk1? Mr Wilson's style reminds me of what the great man was like first time round.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7179990 said:
I think anyone that had watched any of his hold up play for QPR and Fulham over the past few seasons would have known he'd be an excellent edition. People who were judging him on goals alone were just ill informed

The same people that didn't want Bridge & Upson either probably. Players like these have played at the highest level and have huge amount of experience with top flight football or beyond. As long as there bodies aren't too injury ravaged they will always piss it at Championship level. They are too good a player not to.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I was pleased but am blown away by how its turned out. He is to us like that guy was for reading in their promo year (forgotten his name but i this it was jason something). Except BZ is our legend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here