Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Promised Land

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don't really think much about promotion to be honest or try not to.

Anyway - went for a quick pint tonight at my local tonight after getting back from the game. It's a big sports pub which I tend to avoid and when there is a game on (or just finishing) it's usually full of completely hammered Premiership "Fans".

Usual story tonight and a big group of lads who could hardly stand were singing songs at the table next to me. Assumed they were Chelsea fans drowning their sorrows since that's effectively the local team.

After about half an hour when my ears were starting to bleed one came over randomly and gave me a hug :(. Only when he started talking I realised he and they were Bournemouth fans.

Got about half the story - they've been to a fair few away this year but either couldn't get a ticket or didn't want to pay the Chelsea prices. So they camped somewhere "local" to watch the game instead.

A different breed from the usual repeat what I heard on MOTD fans you get in there. It was like talking to Brighton fans that had just got one over on Chelsea whilst we discussed whether Cook was good enough for the Premier League.

Yep - I'll have some of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here