Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small terrorist attack in Leytonstone

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Met's Counter Terrorism Command, said: "We are treating this as a terrorist incident. I would urge the public to remain calm, but alert and vigilant.

it would help people to remain calm if you didnt treat a nutter with a knife as a terrorist threat. stabbings are unfortunatly a weekly occurance across London, a death a month? but dont attract front page news. will be sad if any politicans try to use this, when ignoring those other incidents.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
it would help people to remain calm if you didnt treat a nutter with a knife as a terrorist threat. stabbings are unfortunatly a weekly occurance across London, a death a month? but dont attract front page news. will be sad if any politicans try to use this, when ignoring those other incidents.
And in how many of these regular stabbings does the person doing the stabbing shout " this is for Syria " ?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
And in how many of these regular stabbings does the person doing the stabbing shout " this is for Syria " ?

instead they will say "this is for the [insert gang]". geddit? i'd have thought you would, if you didnt have some axe to grind. you know, the difference real terrorism and wannabe nonsense.

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010

When you say London, you are talking about a place with a population (officially) just less than double Scotland's and probably actually more than double Scotland.There are over 9/10 Million people that probably actually live here, so the odd violent incident isnt too bad. London is a great and safe city.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
instead they will say "this is for the [insert gang]". geddit? i'd have thought you would, if you didnt have some axe to grind. you know, the difference real terrorism and wannabe nonsense.
Neither you or I have got a clue about the attacker or any terrorist links he might have , so I'd put it to you that it's a little early to start dismissing him as a wannabe.

Dec 29, 2011
When you say London, you are talking about a place with a population (officially) just less than double Scotland's and probably actually more than double Scotland.There are over 9/10 Million people that probably actually live here, so the odd violent incident isnt too bad. London is a great and safe city.

It's safe if you know where to avoid. I think it'd be naive to call London entirely safe. There are some areas you shouldn't go if you want to keep your property. It's just less well reported because 1) it's gang on gang, the people affected aren't the typical news readers who are targeted by media. 2) if more people knew of the gang problems, there would be more outrage at policing cuts. Don't be fooled, just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean London's gang problem is subsiding.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

exactly. there are many such occurances and worse across London on a regular basis as part and parcel of a massive population, if the perpertrator hadnt mentioned Syria this wouldn't attract any more than local news.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Neither you or I have got a clue about the attacker or any terrorist links he might have , so I'd put it to you that it's a little early to start dismissing him as a wannabe.

method of operation. knife wielding nutter, no matter the tenuous links on facebook emerge, doesnt constitute terrorism. unless we are going to include every violent act across the capital as terrorism.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
exactly. there are many such occurances and worse across London on a regular basis as part and parcel of a massive population, if the perpertrator hadnt mentioned Syria this wouldn't attract any more than local news.

Sadly true.

I recalled after reading this - I was walking in Camden High Street a few years ago and whilst some bloke was rearranging his jacket as he walked past I clearly saw a machete underneath.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sadly true.

I recalled after reading this - I was walking in Camden High Street a few years ago and whilst some bloke was rearranging his jacket as he walked past I clearly saw a machete underneath.

I live in London and have bounced about drunk over many years and nothing ever happened to me. So whilst London can be dangerous, it is no more dangerous than any other city. That said this incident does have significance in that it could lead to copy cat attacks, so I agree with the poster who said that it should be kept in perspective. Perspective by the media, to ensure that they don't give the suspect the notoriety that he seeks.

Dec 15, 2014
Here

Thank heavens for that. It was only a regular run of the mill stabbing with a critically hurt victim.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Yes, if he had said, "give me your mobile phone bruv" and then stabbed the victim afterwards or in a struggle you would have a point, and it would not merit more than a couple of lines in the Hackney Bugle.

He didn't though, because it wasn't a mugging or altercation that turned violent..............of which there are sadly many such occurrences in London.

The Police have their own team that deal with many of these incidents, it's called Trident.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
method of operation. knife wielding nutter, no matter the tenuous links on facebook emerge, doesnt constitute terrorism. unless we are going to include every violent act across the capital as terrorism.

Not all nutters harming with a knife are religious terrorists.
ALL religious terrorists harming with a knife are however nutters.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

The method of operation appears to have been to randomly inflict serious injury or death on as many members of the general public as possible. If that is not terrorism, then what is it?

Just because the weapon in this context was a knife the objective of this individual was the same as his peers in Paris who had explosives and automatic weapons.

If of course this turns out to be a deranged lunatic of his medication you could argue knife wielding nutter, however if this is a member of a religion, who is described like the couple in San Beradino who were lovely good old Mom's apple pie Americans, then we will know different.

On my tissue I have mentally deranged lunatic out at 9/2 and murderous Islamic terrorist at 1/5. What are your odds?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here