Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our yellow cards - suspensions?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Can one of our many stato' provide an update of our yellow card situation. Are we close to losing some key players for the crunch games coming up.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The 5 yellow cards deadline was the last home game. There's no totting up now till players reach 10 yellows

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought he got the ball and was unlucky to get booked anybody else have a different view of the tackle .

Looked a great tackle from WSU. Full bloodied but got the ball. The kind of challenge I'd expect a midfielder to make.

And yet according to the Charlton lot, he should have had a straight red.

I also thought it was a fine challenge in which he cleanly and fairly won the ball.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Seriously? Bizarre opinion in my view (although I suppose they are biased, as we are). He clearly won the ball to me and it was a very poor decision.

Yes. Many comments about the ref stitching them up, that Stephens only stayed on the pitch as he is not a Charlton player and that Brighton's players were purposely trying, and succeeding, to injure theirs.

Funnily enough, my perception was that they were quite a cynical, dirty team. The stats seen to bear that out as they fouled 17 times to our 6.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He has served a 1 game ban for 5 yellow cards so is he still liable for a 2 game ban? Not sure about the rules on this.

Yes it's an automatic 2 game ban for 10 cards. Previous bans don't come into play on this. There is a cut off date for 10 cards as well but I cannot remember when this is.

With the Stephens booking against Charlton I didn't think he made the tackle and the booking came for dissent. I could be wrong though as I was annoyed with the ref for calling a foul on a perfectly good tackle and was too busy telling him what I thought of him.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I think the cut off date for 10 yellows is early April.
There is also an automatic 3 match ban for 15 yellows.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think the cut off date for 10 yellows is early April.
There is also an automatic 3 match ban for 15 yellows.

I've been looking and It's the second Sunday in March, second Sunday in April for the Premier League. So it's after the Reading game for our players.

This looks like an interesting read it's the guide given to players at the start of each season. Like a staff handbook for players

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/...yer-essentials-2015-16---english-version.ashx

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes. Many comments about the ref stitching them up, that Stephens only stayed on the pitch as he is not a Charlton player and that Brighton's players were purposely trying, and succeeding, to injure theirs.

Funnily enough, my perception was that they were quite a cynical, dirty team. The stats seen to bear that out as they fouled 17 times to our 6.

Completely agree. I think they got what they deserved. Red card was very clear as Zamora was in on goal and they were quite a cynical team. If anything I thought he gave their players a foul or two before booking them (see their number 8) while he booked Calderon and Stephens for their first fouls.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
.At the time I wasnt sure about the red card but seeing it on the FL show it was a definite red card. Well done the ref, who I thought overall was quite good.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Can one of our many stato' provide an update of our yellow card situation. Are we close to losing some key players for the crunch games coming up.

As others have already responded, no, but to get you up-to-date, the players with the most cautions so far:-

SIX:
LuaLua (top effort, six yellow cards in only seven league games)
Kayal

FIVE:
Stephens

FOUR:
Bong
March
Greer

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills