Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left Back again

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Noticed at the end of the game Calderon had his foot in a surgical boot was it an injury or just a precaution. I must admit I was surprised to see Chicksen on the bench. Just a point had Calderon got injured in the first 5 mins we would have presumably played Chicksen for 85 mins. If CH was happy for that why not start Chicksen who is naturally left footed and could release the ball to Murphy down the line. What is the difference of perhaps a few minutes.

Hope we sign a left back in January so we are not caught in this position again.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Noticed at the end of the game Calderon had his foot in a surgical boot was it an injury or just a precaution. I must admit I was surprised to see Chicksen on the bench. Just a point had Calderon got injured in the first 5 mins we would have presumably played Chicksen for 85 mins. If CH was happy for that why not start Chicksen who is naturally left footed and could release the ball to Murphy down the line. What is the difference of perhaps a few minutes.

Hope we sign a left back in January so we are not caught in this position again.

Go to bed you boring ####

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I am truly surprised that Chicksen has not been given a call previously. We saw him last year in a team devoid of confidence, lacking in results and craving leadership and direction and judgements were made on him. But even with that I saw a fast, safe left back if not lacking in confidence and is that surprising with what was going on around him. His time has come l hope he gets a start as the time in now ready for him.
As the poster states, he was on the bench, so why not give him a start, look at what confidence has done to Solly. There is no issue at left back, we have Adam Ckicksen.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Can't believe you bring up the left back issue tonight when both their goals came down the right

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I am truly surprised that Chicksen has not been given a call previously. We saw him last year in a team devoid of confidence, lacking in results and craving leadership and direction and judgements were made on him. But even with that I saw a fast, safe left back if not lacking in confidence and is that surprising with what was going on around him. His time has come l hope he gets a start as the time in now ready for him.
As the poster states, he was on the bench, so why not give him a start, look at what confidence has done to Solly. There is no issue at left back, we have Adam Ckicksen.

You presumably see him at training every week :moo:

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Definitely wasn't a surgical boot. He just had a cold pack taped to it, like you would if you had a knock as a precaution. He was walking Ok as (in true Calde style) he went on the pitch to hug every one of his teammates. If it was anything serious the physios wouldn't have let him walk out.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I've not forgiven him for the Derby match :ffsparr:

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
Calde should stick to opening supermarkets. If Chicksen isn't up to it then play the U21 LB. IC, although a club stalwart just isn't up to playing at this level any more.

He could at RB, just not at LB

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
just cant understand this. Apart from letting a player get in a header he defended very well. To the neutral observer I am sure today looked the weakness

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Because he's quicker than Calde, left footed, would fit into the team structure now and would be playing in a team high in confidence which is built on structure of a whole group of players. I also feel he is good enough for inclusion.
Three weeks ago people on here were running down Solly March, he has a good game against Birmingham and he's everyones favourite, three months ago I issued a similar thread thread on Solly, stating that he should be included in the team, but was met with a lot of opposition, how times change.
Do we really have to buy a new left back, i'm just not sure that its necessary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here