Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An apology to Solly March

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and all of those on here who saw he would be a star.

Last season and earlier this season I suggested that he was a bit lightweight and prone to disappearing during games.

Since he replaced Kazenga he has grown into one of our best players.

I just needed to eat a bit of humble pie and post an apology to a player who has turned into one of, if not our most valuable player

He was our best player over 90 mins by a big margin today and yes I do appreciate Stockdale and Kayal (second half) had great games.

:bowdown:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ditto... What a top, top player. Confidence is growing, using both feet. Credit to the coaching staff on this one too.

Love the way the players protect him too, when he got fouled breaking down the line and rolled into their tactical area and looked as if they stuck the boot in players were quick to shield him

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Turning point midway through first half of the Cardiff game when he started grafting and put his foot in...hasn't looked back since and his skill (which we knew was there) is blossoming

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'm the same - I thought that maybe he wasn't the player he was made out to be. But he is that
and more. My hat doffed to Solly. Very exciting player.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
As the season goes on, he looks like he has more and more belief in his own ability. Confidence has been an issue; even for the first part of this season he seemed reluctant to run at people when he could play a simple sideways pass.

Then something changed. Maybe it was Hughton.'s influence. Maybe it was the team's performances on the pitch. Perhaps he just, slowly but surely, realised that he could successfully roast fullbacks.

Whatever it was it has worked. In what could be a very special season, he's becoming a standout player. A glowing beacon of how bright the club's future might be.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I accept your apology.

I could see from the opening game of this season he was going to be a star. Against Forest he somehow managed to flick an awkward ball over his head with 2 defenders on his back whilst cornered into the corner flag. It left me gobsmacked. He looked so relaxed on the ball when he pulled the trick off, it could've been Glenn Hoddle back out of retirment.

Brilliant player and the best player I've seen to come out of Sussex. Looks very much like the sort of winger Wenger would love to have.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
His touch and ball control is amazing, seriously it's very rare you see a player with such elegance and poise on the ball. Keep it up Solly.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I just want to keep him for another 5 months. Please keep him for another 5 months.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Excellent performance today and last week, he is like having a new signing.

I was a bit concerned after his clash of heads as I couldn't see him moving, i can't believe he had such a good game after that.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm a big fan. He's this year's Texeira/Vicente in terms of being our best flair player. The good thing is, he's only likely to improve with a striker like Wilson up front who is always looking to stretch the defence and give him space.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
You were not wrong about him then though. The thing is with a lot of fans is that they seem to expect young players to have everything straight away. Just because they are lightweight and inconsistent does not mean they always will be.

a charge that was leveled by some at Lingard and Teixeira while they were here. i guess some consistent playing time in the championship really can work wonders.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Last season and earlier this season I suggested that he was a bit lightweight and prone to disappearing during games.

I just needed to eat a bit of humble pie and post an apology to a player who has turned into one of, if not our most valuable player

He was our best player over 90 mins by a big margin today and yes I do appreciate Stockdale and Kayal (second half) had great games.

Our best player by a big margin? He had a very good game granted. Corners were shite though. For me Stockdale was our best player

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
I think people forgot that he was very inexperienced even for a 20/21 year old. Last year should have been his breakthrough season but had bad luck with injury and had payed hardly any first team football. Now he's playing regularly it's showing how good he can be. Think how good he could be after another year or 2 of starting most weeks!! Hopefully that's playing with Brighton!l and not some premiership teams bench.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Solly's eye is a right mess today.

Not too dissimilar to that nasty one CMS got a few years ago.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I think he is a lot stronger physically this season and the way he can drift past defenders is starting to remind me of the way Vicente did the same trick.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well I was saying the self same thing Icy. He has come on leaps and bounds since the first few games of the season.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Count me in for some of that humble pie. He really looked dangerous again and is maturing rapidly, thank good ness. One minor point -dead ball kicking could still be improved upon -some of the corners were not that inspiring.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here