Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ademola Lookman

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Was superb today, 18 years of age, brilliantly taken goal, didn't give Bruno a moments peace in the first half. Notice his contract is up at the end of the season, worth a cheeky offer in January?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Absolute Mustard !

Feb 14, 2010
Was superb today, 18 years of age, brilliantly taken goal, didn't give Bruno a moments peace in the first half. Notice his contract is up at the end of the season, worth a cheeky offer in January?

Its why I always roll my eyes at "development squad" players who are older than this lad. If you are good enough then you dont end up in a "development squad". You are either good enough or you are not. The development squad players are currently not good enough. Hope someones telling them that so that they can work out how they will get to be good enough.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was impressed with him and according to a Charlton fan on the train that is only about his 2nd start after being picked up from a lowly Sunday League club. Dont know how true that is or if it is not he was still very good.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I was impressed with him and according to a Charlton fan on the train that is only about his 2nd start after being picked up from a lowly Sunday League club. Dont know how true that is or if it is not he was still very good.

From Wikipedia

"Lookman joined Charlton's academy in 2014 after signing from Waterloo FC, a youth football club based in the London Borough of Lambeth.[3] His impressive goal scoring record for Charlton's U18 and U21 teams led to him making a rapid ascent through the Charlton academy ranks and he made his his first-team debut for the Addicks on 3 November 2015."

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From Wikipedia

"Lookman joined Charlton's academy in 2014 after signing from Waterloo FC, a youth football club based in the London Borough of Lambeth.[3] His impressive goal scoring record for Charlton's U18 and U21 teams led to him making a rapid ascent through the Charlton academy ranks and he made his his first-team debut for the Addicks on 3 November 2015."

The chap said Waterloo based near the station and I took that as being a Sunday League club as he said.

Feb 14, 2010
Yes, the people running the development squad tell them this...:ffsparr:

Hope so, but Brian Clough style common sense is in short supply and they are more likely to get a nice shiny track suit than a bit of common sense as the thing about common sense, its not very common. The development squad strikers should be sat down and shown the game. Then told, well this lad is younger / similar age to you and he is better than the lot of you. So what are you going to do about it?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Agreed, although Bruno sussed him in the second half, looked useful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here