Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stocky

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I counted 0-5 at half time.

Man of the Match by a country mile.

Without Stockdale there wouldn't have been a match to be man of.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Without Stockdale there wouldn't have been a match to be man of.

This exactly. They cut us to pieces 5 times in the 1st half, there must have been an element of doubt in their minds at half time knowing they should be 4+ ahead. That doubt emanated in a 2nd half sending off inspired collapse. We'd have got a fourth if we'd wanted one such was their demise. [emoji567]

Last edited:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Entirely agree - absolutely crucial stops in the first half. And such is the character of the guy he'll be beating himself up about conceding that first goal at his near post. Already becoming an Albion legend :bowdown:

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He has done so well to be like this this season after what was not a great first season with us. Yesterday he kept us in the game, and should have been MoM for that first half performance. Last match his injury time save was vital - well done to him, great improvement. (I'm not even going to mention that he may have done better for the first goal.....)

albionite

May 20, 2009
Would be him or solly.
Remember he got slagged off a little at Huddersfield for being beaten at his near post earlier this season and not a mention of it for first goal against Charlton.

Nice to see the doubters have gone which I was one of them last season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Kept us in it in the first half, could have been four nil down by half time.

Yep I quite agree. In the first half he kept us in the game virtually single handed. After we conceded that second goal he came wheeling out of his area like a whirling dervish, obviously hopping mad at the defending in front of him, I thought he was going to strike Bruno at one point.

Some people were blaming him with the first goal, saying that he should have defended his near post better. Personally though I didn't think he could have done a thing about it, the guy hit it so well, it just came at him too fast to stop..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here