Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous BHA Comebacks

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I think in 71/72 season we were home 0-1 to Torquay with about 5 mins to go. We won 3-1. Think Bernie Lutton and Kenny Beamish and Bert Murray (Pen) scored.

Oh and it was in the snow

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It was the first game I had attended with my mates (and not my dad). November 1966 versus Bristol Rovers. We were two down like today and ended up winning 3-2 with goals from Norman Gall and Dave Turner (2).

Perhaps more to the point, I was totally hooked and became a lifer! I expect that a few fans will have the same experience as a result of today's fightback....

Wow yes the game v Bristol Rovers was my first game too and got me hooked. Fantastic times now though. How so much has changed !!!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I was trying to think when was the last time we came back from two down to win and I thought of the Millwall match too - we must have done it more recently than that

August 1977, the game that got me hooked after 18 months or so of casual support

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Seem to remember two very late goals (one/both from Steve Sidwell?) to nick a 3-3 draw against Burnley at Withdean. I think it was around the Christmas period, possibly even Boxing Day?

2-2 wasn't it? Both from Sidwell

That's how I remember it, both goals must have been no more than 2/3 minutes apart. Remember it due to a guy in the away end who was in Fancy Dress happily bouncing around at 2-0, standing, arms crossed at 2-1 and slumped in his seat at 2-2.

Pre-Post Edit: 2-2. 88th and 89th minute. Crikey this current Albion team would put 5/6 past that line-up.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
What about the game against Liverpool in the early 80s? 2-0 down and 3-1 down to draw 3-3. That was a Liverpool team that included Dalglish, Hansen, McDermott, Lee, Kennedy R, Kennedy A, Grobbelaar, Souness, Neale...

Newcastle at home, losing 1-0, 15 minutes to go. Won 4-1 Brian Wade came on as sub and scored all 4.. and then of course we hardly ever picked him again. Typical Brighton.

And Pompey at home 1-0 down, equalised latte on and an injury time winner.. Khul loses his Cool

But the greatest of all time. Hereford away. The rest is history.

Remember that game well in the North Stand!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Was a wonderful afternoon. The work rate of both Kayal and Stephens was immense, and the team spirit overall amazing along with some great skills shown. For me, difficult to beat as an Amex day.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
It was the first game I had attended with my mates (and not my dad). November 1966 versus Bristol Rovers. We were two down like today and ended up winning 3-2 with goals from Norman Gall and Dave Turner (2).

Perhaps more to the point, I was totally hooked and became a lifer! I expect that a few fans will have the same experience as a result of today's fightback....

Yes that one I often think about that one when a game ends 3 2.it never goes away.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Leicester 3-2. Leicester were top of the league whilst we were doing terribly at the bottom end.

I remember a really smug fan leaving the game at half time too....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
2-2 wasn't it? Both from Sidwell

That's how I remember it, both goals must have been no more than 2/3 minutes apart. Remember it due to a guy in the away end who was in Fancy Dress happily bouncing around at 2-0, standing, arms crossed at 2-1 and slumped in his seat at 2-2.

Pre-Post Edit: 2-2. 88th and 89th minute. Crikey this current Albion team would put 5/6 past that line-up.

Thanks both. :thumbsup:

I had a feeling I'd got it slightly wrong somewhere.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Newcastle at home, losing 1-0, 15 minutes to go. Won 4-1 Brian Wade came on as sub and scored all 4.. and then of course we hardly ever picked him again. Typical Brighton.

And Pompey at home 1-0 down, equalised latte on and an injury time winner.. Khul loses his Cool

But the greatest of all time. Hereford away. The rest is history.

I thought that was 4-2 ? I remember us being dreadful that night. Until Mr Wade made his cameo.

Feb 14, 2010
I thought that was 4-2 ? I remember us being dreadful that night. Until Mr Wade made his cameo.

Were we 2-0 down until Wade came on? Incredible evening game down at the Goldstone at a time when the club wasnt in a great place. How on earth Wade didnt get a chance after that is also typical Brighton.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Weren't we 2-0 down quickly at home to Chester at the Goldstone and came back to win? Johnny Byrne and/or Steve Foster may have been playing, or indeed I may be dreaming.
Yes that happened!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yes first home game of the season in our last at the Goldstone.

I think it was Jason Peake's home debut.
Not quite, the 3-2 was the last home game of 92/93

You are right though in that we did beat them 2-1 in the first home game of the season you referred to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here