Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous BHA Comebacks

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Most exciting comeback since we recovered from a 2-0 half time deficit against Millwall in the early eighties to win 3-2. Doncaster on day 1 at the Amex also fantastic but we were only 1 down for that. Any others come close?

As well as Solly's MotM, Stockdale and Kayal were massive today - we could have been 4 down at half-time.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
It was the first game I had attended with my mates (and not my dad). November 1966 versus Bristol Rovers. We were two down like today and ended up winning 3-2 with goals from Norman Gall and Dave Turner (2).

Perhaps more to the point, I was totally hooked and became a lifer! I expect that a few fans will have the same experience as a result of today's fightback....

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Most exciting comeback since we recovered from a 2-0 half time deficit against Millwall in the early eighties to win 3-2. Doncaster on day 1 at the Amex also fantastic but we were only 1 down for that. Any others come close?

As well as Solly's MotM, Stockdale and Kayal were massive today - we could have been 4 down at half-time.
Remember that Millwall game well, was late 70s I think. Mullery gave them a half time bollocking and we were all over them in the second half.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Most exciting comeback since we recovered from a 2-0 half time deficit against Millwall in the early eighties to win 3-2.

I was trying to think when was the last time we came back from two down to win and I thought of the Millwall match too - we must have done it more recently than that

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Weren't we 2-0 down quickly at home to Chester at the Goldstone and came back to win? Johnny Byrne and/or Steve Foster may have been playing, or indeed I may be dreaming.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Losing against Coventry in the early 80s.

Gordon Smith hat-trick to get us a 3-3 draw.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Seem to remember two very late goals (one/both from Steve Sidwell?) to nick a 3-3 draw against Burnley at Withdean. I think it was around the Christmas period, possibly even Boxing Day?

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Losing against Coventry in the early 80s.

Gordon Smith hat-trick to get us a 3-3 draw.

Top recall on the Coventry match - I remember listening to it on the radio; think it was a really late rally with a chance to win it after we drew level. Equally possible that I'm talking complete bollocks.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seem to remember two very late goals (one/both from Steve Sidwell?) to nick a 3-3 draw against Burnley at Withdean. I think it was around the Christmas period, possibly even Boxing Day?

2-2 wasn't it? Both from Sidwell

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Weren't we 2-0 down quickly at home to Chester at the Goldstone and came back to win? Johnny Byrne and/or Steve Foster may have been playing, or indeed I may be dreaming.

Yes first home game of the season in our last at the Goldstone.

I think it was Jason Peake's home debut.

Feb 14, 2010
Newcastle at home, losing 1-0, 15 minutes to go. Won 4-1 Brian Wade came on as sub and scored all 4.. and then of course we hardly ever picked him again. Typical Brighton.

And Pompey at home 1-0 down, equalised latte on and an injury time winner.. Khul loses his Cool

But the greatest of all time. Hereford away. The rest is history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here