Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And THAT is why the unbeaten record is so important.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This squad simply refuses to be beaten.

It seems to have become a matter of pride, togetherness and sheer bloody-mindedness as much as anything else. Had we lost a few games here and there earlier in the season, I don't know if the grit and drive would have been there to come back after a start like that. In the past it would have been chalked up as 'a bad day at the office', the visiting fans would have written loads of nice stuff on their forums about the AMEX and that would have been that.

But this lot - well, they just won't be beaten. Great stuff.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Sensational 2nd half after as bad a half I have seen in a while. 2nd half came out firing. Hamed and Kayal geeing the crowd up. 3 strikers finding the net. Hamed got that little break he needed. Hopefully a big scoring run heading his way. Defiantly one of the grittiest Brighton teams for a number of years.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Sensational 2nd half after as bad a half I have seen in a while. 2nd half came out firing. Hamed and Kayal geeing the crowd up. 3 strikers finding the net. Hamed got that little break he needed. Hopefully a big scoring run heading his way. Defiantly one of the grittiest Brighton teams for a number of years.

Hemed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Definitely defiant, I would agree!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Perhaps Peter Beagrie might change his tune ..this weeks sky podcast he still excluded us from any success this season ****!!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
This squad simply refuses to be beaten.

It seems to have become a matter of pride, togetherness and sheer bloody-mindedness as much as anything else. Had we lost a few games here and there earlier in the season, I don't know if the grit and drive would have been there to come back after a start like that. In the past it would have been chalked up as 'a bad day at the office', the visiting fans would have written loads of nice stuff on their forums about the AMEX and that would have been that.

But this lot - well, they just won't be beaten. Great stuff.

That's all very well Bry but I don't read your posts for insight and positive thinking. Where are the quips, the repartee the pithy one liners? Sort your head out mate.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yep. Would love to know what he said at half time.

Stockdale says he did not have to say much. They know as a team that if they are not up for the fight, they will not play. After the game, Stockdale said that pretty much the whole club staff were in the tunnel or dressing room congratulating them and celebrating. He says that is not team spirit, that is club spirit.

Great to hear.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That's all very well Bry but I don't read your posts for insight and positive thinking. Where are the quips, the repartee the pithy one liners? Sort your head out mate.

Fair point, well made.

I'm going to go and hug my kids and then take a long, hard look at myself.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Juts by way of an update, my kids don't want to be hugged.

My son wants some AA batteries for some bloody annoying Mini Cooper that plays rap music when the boot opens (so that isn't going to happen) and my daughter wants to put up paper chains in the bathroom (ditto).

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Juts by way of an update, my kids don't want to be hugged.

My son wants some AA batteries for some bloody annoying Mini Cooper that plays rap music when the boot opens (so that isn't going to happen) and my daughter wants to put up paper chains in the bathroom (ditto).

Kids, phew

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yep. Would love to know what he said at half time.

he said he said this...

“Three things (at half-time). One, we can't afford to get caught like we did in the first half on their counter, don't try to win the game in the first five minutes of the second half but most it was about showing character.
"They've showed it in abundance all season but you are going to have to show some character and how badly you don't want to lose this game.
"It was about getting into them and making sure they showed enough character.
"At half-time we certainly would have settled for 2-2.
“They didn't, they wanted to settle for 3-2, so they certainly showed character and a big win because we've got a very tough period of games coming up now.”

via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14126773.Hughton_reveals_how_Albion_turned_it_around/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here