Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could we be Invincible?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

Well lets hope the boys and all the staff remember this result and take the buzz into the Derby QPR and Boro matches, we should be feeling invincible.

So who thinks we could go all season without loss? What are the odds?

I also want to apologies for the stick i have given to Chris Hughton i thought he was to negative to get us to the promised land, i was WRONG.
Yes he has been given more money but he has bought the right players and more importantly the guys are playing as a squad and that's all credit to Mr Hughton, Jones and Calderwood.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

:drink::drink::drink:

Dec 29, 2011
No, but it's a perfect time to come from 2-0 down to win. Not only will we be going into 3 hard games full of confidence, we will also realise we're not unbeatable as Charlton put 2 past us. That should spark more focus from the players in the next few games.

D

Deleted member 2719

No, but it's a perfect time to come from 2-0 down to win. Not only will we be going into 3 hard games full of confidence, we will also realise we're not unbeatable as Charlton put 2 past us. That should spark more focus from the players in the next few games.

Your right there, they boys should be right on it that great for selling tickets!

Bring on County.

:rave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Said last week our defence was vulnerable and got ripped to shreds for it. Charlton showed exactly how vulnerable we are to a team coming at us at pace. Could easily have been four down by half time. Luckily we took the game to them in the second half - and the rest was sheer magic! :albion:

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Definitely not invincible. Had we lost today I think a load of people would be looking nervously at the next 2 matches thinking the tide could be turning. As it is we still seem to raise our game for the big headliners (except Derby in last couple of seasons) so confident we'll get something from them. Enjoying the football so much right now. Atmosphere also great today; hope it builds for the rest of the season - love it.

D

Deleted member 2719

Said last week our defence was vulnerable and got ripped to shreds for it. Charlton showed exactly how vulnerable we are to a team coming at us at pace. Could easily have been four down by half time. Luckily we took the game to them in the second half - and the rest was sheer magic! :albion:

Pace at the full backs or through the middle???

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Makes me wonder whether Ince will start next week, possibly drop Murphy with Wilson playing wider.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
What I like is that, even after the great start, we have maintained the pressure taking 20 points from last 10,same as Hull and Borough, and one more than Burnley. Derby have taken 25 from last 10, think they are main challenge.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I'll be honest, knowing Brighton's luck I was kind of expecting some struggling team like Charlton beating us. Now that we broke that jinx, I just don't know anymore...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not going 'glass half full', but in response to this idea.........

......one chicken, two chickens, three chickens................twenty five chickens, 26 chickens.............................

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
Tell you what, going two down, but to then turn it around, you have to start thinking that this could be your year.
Yes, you could play better, defend better......but my god that result tells me that Brighton could at last be heading to the top tier.
I'm pleased for Houghton.A top player and a top,top coach given the time to put his stamp on a team.
Man for man I think BHA have in recent times (on paper) had a better team....but not such a solid squad.
You will be up by the end of Feb, looking at the late winter fixtures ��

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Going by Charlton's current form, I thought that this could be the banana skin game for us and it still could have been if it wasn't for the sending off.
The planets must be aligned for us it would seem.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Tell you what, going two down, but to then turn it around, you have to start thinking that this could be your year.
Yes, you could play better, defend better......but my god that result tells me that Brighton could at last be heading to the top tier.
I'm pleased for Houghton.A top player and a top,top coach given the time to put his stamp on a team.
Man for man I think BHA have in recent times (on paper) had a better team....but not such a solid squad.
You will be up by the end of Feb, looking at the late winter fixtures ��

What has any of this got to do with Houghton?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Going by Charlton's current form, I thought that this could be the banana skin game for us and it still could have been if it wasn't for the sending off.
The planets must be aligned for us it would seem.

Once we had scored the first goal I thought we looked more threatening against 11 than 10 until we eventually scored the second :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here