Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Just listen to his pre-match interview. It is nice to hear from Chris but is was great to hear from Nathan this week.

He seems to have such genuine passion for what his doing and for the club I hope he sticks around for a long time.

For me the highlight of last season was the win away at Fulham and his emotion at the final whistle was tops. I think it will stick with me as one of my best Albion away games. Cheers Jonesy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought we all hated him because he did something at Yeovil once or something.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Agree, he did a great job for those few games and Fulham was one hell of a night.

I sat in the directors box at Burnley, and can tell you first hand that NJ was very active and involved with analysis within and throughout the game. Several times he leapt out to CH in the technical area, iPad in hand, showing him some analysis (which he was either creating himself or being fed from someone sat up high) to talk through options to change tactical shape, and CH listens and acts. CC was also very active. It really looks like a band of 3 brothers that is pooling all their knowledge and observations, and is working really well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sky Bet have him at 18 -1 in the 11th place to be the next Yeovil Manager fav is Marcus Stewart 4-5, then Darren Way 4-1 followed by Ian Holloway 6-1.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I thought we all hated him because he did something at Yeovil once or something.

& that he stated in the matchday programme at Withdean that he is happy here 'until a bigger club come in for him' & more recently as a tactical clown he likes playing Kaz in central midfield etc etc

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To be honest he was an utter prick that day, showed a distinct lack of class to his former club.

He's grown up now and trust me LOVES the Albion and the city. No chance he'll go to Yeovil btw - he is future Albion manager IMO...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agree, he did a great job for those few games and Fulham was one hell of a night.

I sat in the directors box at Burnley, and can tell you first hand that NJ was very active and involved with analysis within and throughout the game. Several times he leapt out to CH in the technical area, iPad in hand, showing him some analysis (which he was either creating himself or being fed from someone sat up high) to talk through options to change tactical shape, and CH listens and acts. CC was also very active. It really looks like a band of 3 brothers that is pooling all their knowledge and observations, and is working really well.

That's good to hear. When Nathan came to one of our supporters clubs meetings he realed off some stats for the game just gone. How many completed passes and said it was up there with Barcelona standards etc. I think many underestimate what goes on behind the scenes...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He's grown up now and trust me LOVES the Albion and the city. No chance he'll go to Yeovil btw - he is future Albion manager IMO...

He like all football people loves himself more than anything else.

In a world where the supporter's, directors and chairmen are so fickle who can blame them, if he loves Brighton then it is solely because perhaps he see's an opportunity where the club can deliver him the status, contract and adulation he so dearly strives for.

Nothing wrong with that, but Nathan loves himself above anything else its a default position of any aspiring football manager.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

In a world where the supporter's, directors and chairmen are so fickle who can blame them, if he loves Brighton then it is solely because perhaps he see's an opportunity where the club can deliver him the status, contract and adulation he so dearly strives for.

Nothing wrong with that, but Nathan loves himself above anything else its a default position of any aspiring football manager.

Very cynical. Was actually nothing said to a fan or media but have it your way if you're too pessimistic to believe he actually loves the City and club a lot..

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

A trifle over-cynical, methinks.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Over the years and all the ups and downs we've seen, there have been so many hate figures, objects of ridicule and Marmite players that have divided opinion.

It just feels incredible that the entire club currently seems to be populated by good eggs, and people who seem genuinely passionate and likeable, from the chairman downwards. Has there ever been a time when Albion personnel have been so universally popular and appreciated by fans?

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
The fact that he was headhunted by Oscar, kept on by Hyypia, and then has clearly become critical to Hughton is probably all we need to know. If he wasn't an intelligent popular coach, one of them (probably CH) would have had his number by now.

And all credit to Nathan for sticking around when CC came in. Wouldnt surprise me if Tony has earmarked him as manager-in-waiting: he fits the young, progressive manager bill nicely.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Over the years and all the ups and downs we've seen, there have been so many hate figures, objects of ridicule and Marmite players that have divided opinion.

It just feels incredible that the entire club currently seems to be populated by good eggs, and people who seem genuinely passionate and likeable, from the chairman downwards. Has there ever been a time when Albion personnel have been so universally popular and appreciated by fans?

It's remarkable when you think of the winning team in 2002.
Dodge - Business Development Manager
Watto - physio
Jonah - first team coach
Chippy - AITC
FDM - AITC
Cullip - AITC

Not forgetting those who came in soon after like Butters and Ben Roberts, and now working for the club.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Watto - physio
Jonah - first team coach
Chippy - AITC
FDM - AITC
Cullip - AITC

Not forgetting those who came in soon after like Butters and Ben Roberts, and now working for the club.

Andy Bobby Z ? 1st team player!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Watto - physio
Jonah - first team coach
Chippy - AITC
FDM - AITC
Cullip - AITC

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Just listen to his pre-match interview. It is nice to hear from Chris but is was great to hear from Nathan this week.

He seems to have such genuine passion for what his doing and for the club I hope he sticks around for a long time.

For me the highlight of last season was the win away at Fulham and his emotion at the final whistle was tops. I think it will stick with me as one of my best Albion away games. Cheers Jonesy.

Agree with all of that, Fulham was very special & this thread gives me an excuse to repost this with Nathan first across the pitch from the dug out. I like a bit of passion I does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here