Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading vs QPR last night. Grant Hall.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a poor game. Devoid of footballing skills, excitement, and any kind of passion from the players. Grant Hall looks decidedly average. Did QPR pay a fee for him? And incidentally did we get anything for him from Spurs. He would undoubtedly have been better off staying on the south coast, but I guess with stars in his eyes the lure of a big club could not be ignored. And an awful and embarrassing spill by Al Habsi for the goal. Based on the form they showed last night neither of those two will be challenging for playoff positions.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
What a poor game. Devoid of footballing skills, excitement, and any kind of passion from the players. Grant Hall looks decidedly average. Did QPR pay a fee for him? And incidentally did we get anything for him from Spurs. He would undoubtedly have been better off staying on the south coast, but I guess with stars in his eyes the lure of a big club could not be ignored. And an awful and embarrassing spill by Al Habsi for the goal. Based on the form they showed last night neither of those two will be challenging for playoff positions.

I think he was QPR's player of the month and I am guessing a fee was paid by Spurs to us.

You cannot always compare a player in terms of a previous decision, we do not know what Poyet said to him or what Spurs said to him at that time, just as we cannot be sure what we are saying to youngsters at lower status clubs today when we try and convince them to sign for us, there are never guarantees.

But for Hall he as had a good start to his career, Spurs, Birmingham and now QPR are hardly failing clubs and he might already have a contract guaranteed to pay off his first mortgage with more to come, so seems a local kid doing quite well.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, I too was surprised at how poor the game was. Judging by the crowd, or lack of, Thursday matches do not seem to have captured the imagination . . TV Rools. OK.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I see QPR are about to employ JFH.

That's going to muck up a lot of agendas who claimed sacking Ramsey was race related

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I think he was QPR's player of the month and I am guessing a fee was paid by Spurs to us.

You cannot always compare a player in terms of a previous decision, we do not know what Poyet said to him or what Spurs said to him at that time, just as we cannot be sure what we are saying to youngsters at lower status clubs today when we try and convince them to sign for us, there are never guarantees.

But for Hall he as had a good start to his career, Spurs, Birmingham and now QPR are hardly failing clubs and he might already have a contract guaranteed to pay off his first mortgage with more to come, so seems a local kid doing quite well.

If there is any truth in this story we had a right result with Grant Hall

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4506347/15m-Hall-yours.html

Dec 29, 2011
He got POTM last month which, for a 23 year old who plays central defence in a team of players where some are paid up to £70,000/week, it's a pretty good achievement. We turned down £5m for Dunk, how much could Hall be worth? Same age and nationality, has also shown a lot more progression over recent years than Dunk. At 19 Dunk looked quality, but he has plateaued a bit, Hall is a late developer and seems to still be getting better. A dunk hall partnership would have been nice.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He got POTM last month which, for a 23 year old who plays central defence in a team of players where some are paid up to £70,000/week, it's a pretty good achievement. We turned down £5m for Dunk, how much could Hall be worth? Same age and nationality, has also shown a lot more progression over recent years than Dunk. At 19 Dunk looked quality, but he has plateaued a bit, Hall is a late developer and seems to still be getting better. A dunk hall partnership would have been nice.

Isnt that just the ebb and flow of form, for any player to find consistent form over a period of time will find his worth increase greatly, it can work the other way though ........

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Conversely, who's to say that had he elected to stay at the Albion, whether he would have been able to get into the team?

Certainly now, three years on, with the likes of Greer, Dunk, Hunemaier, and Goldson at the club, I don't think he would have stood a chance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Conversely, who's to say that had he elected to stay at the Albion, whether he would have been able to get into the team?

Certainly now, three years on, with the likes of Greer, Dunk, Hunemaier, and Goldson at the club, I don't think he would have stood a chance.

Its all ifs and buts but if he were still with us we probably wouldnt have bought Hunemier and Goldson as both wouldnt have been required.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Saw him a few times playing for Birmingham on loan.
Solid modern (ball playing) centre back. Good in the air. Physically strong but less mobile than (for example) Dunk would be my assessment.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's a wonderful thing hindsight. All anyone can do, is what they think will work out best at the time, and no doubt Grant Hall did that.

Either way, making a career for yourself, as a professional footballer, you are never going to do too badly.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Has he reallly? He was never getting close to the Spurs first team and is now playing for a team that, by accounts, were drab last night as were Reading. Dunk was stuck behind Greer and Upson but is now playing for a team top of the championship. Time will tell as to who goes further!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
QPR are by far the worst team to watch... I put myself through it against Boro the other week and got to half time last night. I'm not usually one to moan about football on the TV as it sounds a bit 'prem' fan but my god QPR are awful to watch. A team of individuals who just stop the other team playing. Zzzzzzz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here