Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Kyle MP

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I've been appalled at the nature of the grief a lot of MPs have been getting on social media since the air strike vote. Leaves a very bad taste

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
its been reported that people like him have received death threats for the way they have voted

does this mean de selection no longer applies ?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I don't get how these people think it's alright to make threats because they don't like the way people voted, that's not democracy.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm afraid that the extreme left in this country are worse than the NF in the 80's and that's saying something.

Really? How is this manifested? Through violence, for instance? Perhaps you could provide us with examples.
And who constitutes this extreme left? I could offer you up the extreme centre who have been extremely proficient at meting out violence.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Really? How is this manifested? Through violence, for instance? Perhaps you could provide us with examples.
And who constitutes this extreme left? I could offer you up the extreme centre who have been extremely proficient at meting out violence.

Really are you for real, just google anti capitalism violence.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you're quite correct, there's nothing to say this is coming from the extreme left, just the left. well done them for engaging in abuse and threats to their elected representatives.

if they don't like he MP's view, if they want to deselect, they should stop the abuse and just get on with the process internally.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I didn't vote for the guy but I'm not happy that he's getting a lot of grief at the moment, he is a very good constituency MP and I respect his views.

Those who voted to bomb in the Labour Party are under sustained attacks from the left on social media. The Express and Mail are all over it, obviously, so here is the story on the BBC from the point of view of Corbyn dealing with it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34993447

Kyle IS an outstanding constituency MP. I voted for him despite being a disaffected Labout voter who thought Milliand was hopeless. He has helped families at my kids' school with parking and traffic issues, taken part in community projects in Mile Oak and other places and held community events before AND after, He made a dignified appearance at the Easthill Park Remembrance service. He was the only candidate to call on us personally during the election campaign and his team have been back. He is available when you want him.

To abuse him or anyone else in Labour for voting with their conscience in a free vote is beyond the pale.

Even more sadly he won't be getting my vote next time around unless Corbyn has gone. I will be moving back to a party based vote - probably between the Greens and Lib Dems - because Corbyn and his little red book waving trolls couldn't run a bath.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How's your step dad?

Whether Kyle himself has received death threats I do not know but it is not unfounded piffle to say those who voted to bomb i the Labour Party are under sustained attacks from the left on social media. The Express and Mail are all over it, obviously, so here is the story on the BBC from the point of view of Corbyn dealing with it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34993447

Kyle IS an outstanding constituency MP. I voted for him despite being a disaffected Labout voter who thought Milliand was hopeless. He has helped families at my kids' school with parking and traffic issues, taken part in community projects in Mile Oak and other places and held community events before AND after, He made a dignified appearance at the Easthill Park Remembrance service. He was the only candidate to call on us personally during the election campaign and his team have been back. He is available when you want him.

To abuse him or anyone else in Labour for voting with their conscience in a free vote is beyond the pale.

Even more sadly he won't be getting my vote next time around unless Corbyn has gone. I will be moving back to a party based vote - probably between the Greens and Lib Dems - because Corbyn and his little red book waving trolls couldn't run a bath.

Bit sneaky, you've quoted me completely out of context putting my quote under something I never commented on. Very Sun/Daily Mail.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bit sneaky, you've quoted me completely out of context putting my quote under something I never commented on. Very Sun/Daily Mail.

Not sneaky - just skim read the quote you put and thought it was the OP. I will edit my post in a sec to take your quote out.

Don't think the far left are cuddly though. They're as ugly as the fascists.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
In my younger days I had some fairly unpleasant interractions with the so-called "hard left". Nothing much seems to have changed. They were ideological ********s, completely inflexible in their thinking, dismissive of those who didnt hold their views and bullying and hectoring behaviour was the norm towards anyone who let them get away with it. All in all a very nasty group of people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here