jones-pre-charlton-l229-2834100_478x359.jpg

Nathan Jones
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 4th December 2015
by Ben Spalding
We will be looking to win and start the December run with three points."
Nathan Jones
In yesterday’s pre-match press conference, Nathan Jones delivered the team news ahead of the Charlton match, spoke about Albion’s Championship unbeaten record, Chris Hughton’s effect on the club and facing his former team on Saturday.
lr-l229-2746630.jpg

Team News:
“Liam Rosenior has picked up a medial knee injury and we are waiting on the results and some more information from the medical department. The injury he suffered against Birmingham will keep him out until the New Year. Any injury is disappointing to us, but Liam has been playing excellently and is a very versatile player.“Over his career, we have seen that he can play in many positions and has been a big part of our success this season. He helped us a lot with the injury sustained to Gaetan Bong by filling in at left-back.
He is such a good lad and trainer so it’s disappointing for him but we’ll have to move on and look ahead to the next game.”
“Managers and coaches aren’t always entirely happy with what they have got, but as we have said all season, we have good cover for our injured players. [Inigo] Calderon came on and showed how much of a professional he is. He hasn’t played many minutes this season, but he has played fantastically. We are happy with the depth of our squad and we would like everyone to be fit to so we have even more options, but that’s us as managers and coaches being greedy.”
Championship unbeaten record: “We don’t consider breaking QPR’s record and that’s the same for any club, we only take our own unbeaten run into consideration.
"Records are created by our form and if we break the Championship unbeaten record, then brilliant. If I’m honest, we’d like to be unbeaten the whole season, which would be a fantastic thing to do, but the challenge continues against Charlton this Saturday."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

ch-120915-l229-2684255.jpg
Chris Hughton’s impact: “Chris Hughton is great to work for in terms of what he brings to us and the club. Chris and I have different characteristics that blend very well together. He is an experienced manager and coach, the same goes for Colin Calderwood, he is a lot more laid back but he can get feisty when he wants to.
“I am the least experienced, but am still just as enthusiastic as the others and I want to learn and get better. I feel I am doing that whilst working alongside Chris and Colin. We have a good balance at the minute, but it’s down to the players responding well to what we’ve done with them in training. They are carrying out everything we are asking of them and more, and they’re picking up results because of it.”
Facing former club: “I am looking forward to facing them because I have good memories there. I spent a fantastic year at the club and a lot has changed since I was there in terms of the structure and personnel.
I am very proud to be associated with them because they have a great conveyer belt of talent there and I am looking forward to see them again.”
“This is a big game and Charlton are in really good form; they lost their last game against Ipswich but they’ve changed managers. They come here with a blend of youth and experience, so it’s a massive test and one that we won’t be complacent about. We will be looking to win and start the December run with three points.”

[h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON ATHLETIC*
[/h] SATURDAY 5TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH*
[/h] SATURDAY 19TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V IPSWICH TOWN**
[/h] TUESDAY 29TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here