Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey! I must remeber this excuse next time I'm stopped for speeding.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our car a Kia has MPH on the outer ring with KPH in the inner as is the case with most imported cars. Would not German cars be the reverse KPH outer and MPH on the inner?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Didn't the fact that everything else around him seemed to be going backwards ring any bells. Just goes to show what you can get away with IF you can afford to hire a top lawyer. What a c*ck!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Eh? 101kph = 63mph

His Solicitor's excuse was that the speedo was reading in Kph so Toure read the speed wrong.

He was doing 101mph so the speedo would be reading 162kmh.

So Toure either knew he was doing 162kmh by looking at the speedo or thought he was doing 162mph.

So the solicitor's excuse is just ridiculous.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I took it the solicitor said he took the reading of 101 to be 101kph not 101mph but If he was doing 101 mph and thought that it was 101kph did he not notice the difference as I am sure most normal drivers would but then I forgot he is a footballer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's even worse that it was in KPH.

He must have thought he was nearly driving 200 miles an hour?

I think his lawyer is claiming he thought he was doing 101kph which is about 65mph. Which is about as big a chinny reckon as you could get. NOBODY could be thick enough to be doing over a ton and think its 65mph, not even a footballer.

That's why lawyers are paid fortunes I suppose.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I made the same mistake to be fair. :blush:

How has he gotten away with this?! Whatever the calculations, is he claiming a maths fail?!

He pleaded guilty, got six penalty points and paid a massive fine of £1665. Automatic bans for driving over 100mph, but he was 1mph over so not banned due to the kph mixup.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Nothing to do with being able to hire a top lawyer.
More to do with coming up against a starstruck Magistrate and Prosecutor.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why wasn't he also charged for driving a foreign registered vehicle which has clearly been imported on a permanent basis given his contract with City and therefore should have been registered as a UK vehicle.

Also if it has the wrong speedometer than the car must fail a type approval test and therefore should be impounded.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Give the man credit. It wasn't long ago his whole team forgot to send him a birthday card. An obvious under lying reason to why he was driving so dangerously.

Hope he pulls through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here