Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disabled tickets

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Tried to get a disabled ticked for Nigel The Bushfire Erskine yesterday as I had promised him the Charlton match and although I and many of his other friends have booked up in advance before for a wheelchair and carer spot they now won't allow us to do it on the phone. We need to send proof he is on DLA with a special card from the benefits office or get his doctor to wrote a letter to one of us for a charge after we have sent in permission from his key worker/social worker with certain info. Phoned her and she is on annual leave and doesn't ring back so either way without Court of Protection help ..... Nige doesn't get to see the Albion.

Do they really think he is faking his massive stroke. Spent 3 hrs yesterday going round the houses and I will get it sorted eventually obvious (he's a Seagull) but must admit I don't know why the club have done this.

Ranting I know but I was so fecking wound up yesterday.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] will recall Nigel's exploits on the Goldstone pitch even if no-one else at the club does. He would sort it I'm sure.

PG

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] will recall Nigel's exploits on the Goldstone pitch even if no-one else at the club does. He would sort it I'm sure.

PG
Not without the relevant documentation I doubt. Club rules.
I asked the ticket people and they did go off and ask a superior but to no avail. I'm not blaming the guy and girl from the ticket office mind you.

Entitlement to use the facilities that a service provider must offer to people with disabilities cannot be dependent upon being in receipt of a particular state benefit.

Apart from anything else, there is no obligation for a disabled person to claim DLA, or to have a key worker or social worker.

If there is a Club rule such as is described in the first post, it is of very dubious legality.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My son a STH in upper West had an operation on his leg and was confinded to a wheel chair for abour 5 games and I had no trouble getting a wheelchair ticket. They did say he had to apply for each game individually and they were in great demand. The other point to be taken into account is that at that time Paul was in charge of the ticket office and things arent now like they were when he was in charge.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Entitlement to use the facilities that a service provider must offer to people with disabilities cannot be dependent upon being in receipt of a particular state benefit.

Apart from anything else, there is no obligation for a disabled person to claim DLA, or to have a key worker or social worker.

If there is a Club rule such as is described in the first post, it is of very dubious legality.

I was told that to qualify for a disabled ticket, which incidentally includes a free carer ticket the applicant must be in receipt of the higher form of DLA. or have a letter of medical proof of disability from his/her doctor.

I was told that to qualify for a disabled ticket, which incidentally includes a free carer ticket the applicant must be in receipt of the higher form of DLA. or have a letter of medical proof of disability from his/her doctor.

What if you don't need a carer? Most disabled people don't.

And since when has disability been an illness?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
double post.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When i took a gentleman with a learning disability who was a wheelchair user to Gillingham during our exile they didn't seem so picky???

All stakeholders now!:ffsparr:

To be fair Rev I'm going to wait for a reply before I judge but I was pissed off yesterday. All will be revealed eventually but it seems so convoluted at times.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
I'm sure the club will sort it out but its a shame people are not allowed to use common sense at the sharp end anymore.

It's more of a shame that the amount of people trying to use this angle as a scam is bigger now than ever before. I've run a comparable ticket office for 5 years now & have always dealt with the enquiry for a carers ticket on trust. In the last 2 years, we've seen so many of these free tickets finding their way on eBay, to be sold on at higher than face value!! Unfortunately this has meant we've had to introduce the need to ask for DLA or similar in order to try & stop this happening. So I blame these people that have forced our arm to react unfortunately.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here