Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long until there is an Isis attack on the UK?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I'd have thought an attack on the UK by Isis (or an affiliated group) was inevitable, but after yesterday's vote I'd imagine we will see one sooner rather than later.

Was it only 2 weeks after Russia began bombing that the Metrojet was brought down over Sinai?

Sad times :(

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Please let's not have a poll on this.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Whilst I didn't agree with the bombing extension, I don't really think it makes us that much more likely to be attacked. We must be fairly near the top of the list regardless.

The one thing it might set off is a homegrown fanatic. I do genuinely believe the security services have been doing a good job here (but of course we'll never know.)

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7176189 said:
I'd have thought an attack on the UK by Isis (or an affiliated group) was inevitable, but after yesterday's vote I'd imagine we will see one sooner rather than later.

Was it only 2 weeks after Russia began bombing that the Metrojet was brought down over Sinai?

When you say inevitable, we have already had attacks in the UK by Islamics, plus more numerous planned attacks foiled.

That was the situation before yesterday's vote.........nothing has changed.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7176189 said:

What a sad little loser you are. A democratic vote was undertaken by HM Government and HM Opposition parties and a decision was reached It is now time to rally behind our armed forces and wish them, and others, as speedy a conclusion to this conflict as is possible.

Instead you ask people to best guess when the first casualties will happen within the UK! What next, raffle tickets to decide which county gets it first? Start offering odds on the numbers involved. Grow up FFS, learn what a stiff upper lip is and stop snivelling like a spoilt child.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Attempted attacks have been going on for a while. Attempted attacks will continue.

We need our security services to keep being on the top of their game, as they have been. However I do fear we're in the same position we were with the IRA when they said something like "You have to be lucky all the time, we only have to be lucky once."

What I think is utterly distasteful is how, since last night, some people seem to be willing something to happen so they can use it as a stick to hit David Cameron with. I've seen it on here and I've see in on Facebook. Exhibit A:

Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 12.22.59.png

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7176207 said:
I don't believe we've had an attack from Isis or an affiliate, have we?

In my life I have stepped in cat shit, dog shit, cow shit and been shat on by birds.

I've never stepped in Hippo shit though, do you think the experience and my reaction to it would be any different?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The question is wrong, it should be how long until the next attempted attack?

Occasionally having nutters attacking public spaces is the price we pay for living in a free society, and has happened on a regular basis in this country throughout my 40 years of life. You are unlikely to be a victim of such an attack so it isn't worth getting overly worried about it.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
What a sad little loser you are. A democratic vote was undertaken by HM Government and HM Opposition parties and a decision was reached It is now time to rally behind our armed forces and wish them, and others, as speedy a conclusion to this conflict as is possible.

Instead you ask people to best guess when the first casualties will happen within the UK! What next, raffle tickets to decide which county gets it first? Start offering odds on the numbers involved. Grow up FFS, learn what a stiff upper lip is and stop snivelling like a spoilt child.

Excuse me? Snivelling like a spoilt child? Stiff upper lip? Rally behind our armed forces?

Sorry, I should be rejoicing that our politicians have voted in favour of actions that will no doubt result in thousands of innocent lives lost in Syria, and most likely an attack in the UK as well.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
In my life I have stepped in cat shit, dog shit, cow shit and been shat on by birds.

I've never stepped in Hippo shit though, do you think the experience and my reaction to it would be any different?

Slightly, you might never look for your shoe that gets lost.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The question is wrong, it should be how long until the next attempted attack?

Occasionally having nutters attacking public spaces is the price we pay for living in a free society, and has happened on a regular basis in this country throughout my 40 years of life. You are unlikely to be a victim of such an attack so it isn't worth getting overly worried about it.
This. Suspect the likelihood went up a notch last night, but it was already high anyway so it's marginal. Horrendous as it will be, your chances of being there are tiny.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7176220 said:
most likely an attack in the UK as well.

Attacks have been attempted repeatedly and recently anyway, we've just been lucky in that they have been foiled. Those who seek to disrupt our way of life will have continued to do so regardless of the outcome of the vote last night.

If and when an attack happens there is no possible way to say that it is a direct consequence of last night's vote, although you have clearly already decided that is the case. I truly hope you don't get what you seem to be wishing for.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Excuse me? Snivelling like a spoilt child? Stiff upper lip? Rally behind our armed forces?

Sorry, I should be rejoicing that our politicians have voted in favour of actions that will no doubt result in thousands of innocent lives lost in Syria, and most likely an attack in the UK as well.

Nowhere have I used the word 'rejoice', that is your emotive terminollogy. You would do well to remember that the only reason you are able to post opinions differing from those in power is because our armed forces have protected your right to do so.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

I'm guessing you mean thousands more innocent lives. Isis have been murdering plenty for some.time by absolutely despicable means yet you suggest that because some of those may be caused by us it's wrong. Our bombs will hopefully be hitting the right targets, I'm sure there will be civilian casualties but our bombs won't go round raping children or throwing gay people off roofs or beheading people for the sake of it

Last edited:

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I'm guessing you mean thousands more innocent lives. Isis have been murdering plenty for some.time by absolutely despicable means yet you suggest that because some of those may be caused by us it's wrong. Our bombs will hopefully be hitting the right targets, I'm sure there will be civilian casualties but our bombs won't go round raping children or throwing gay people off roofs or beheading people for the sake of it

It's called a WAR. It didn't start yesterday and all of us are on the front lines. Zuck it! I mean FACE IT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here