Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swiss arrest two more FIFA officials in corruption scandal

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Not been named but i wonder who they are ? if its part of the ethics committee then the sponsors should look at withdrawing , forcing FIFA to fold with a complete new organisation . It looks rotten to the core

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
From Honduras and Paraguay they are the people who run south, central, and Caribbean football.
They are of course nothing to do with FIFA (despite their status on its executive committee) just individuals acting on their own. Rather like the seven previously arrested.

Please do remember that Fifa are the VICTIMS in all this :lolol:

Dec 15, 2014
Here
The biggest issue is that many would have had to break from usual practices in their countries to conform to fair deals at FIFA. We're talking about 50 to 100 years of this practice. It was Blatter and Platini who finally conformed to the others' usual way of doing business.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Not been named but i wonder who they are ? if its part of the ethics committee then the sponsors should look at withdrawing , forcing FIFA to fold with a complete new organisation . It looks rotten to the core
I cant remember who I heard reporting on it but Fifa may regret being based in Switzerland, everyone is focused on the FBI investigation however if FIFA is found to have been acting criminally by the Swiss court, the company (thats all it is in essence) could be entirely dissolved by the Swiss State and cease to exist. I'm not sure what happens to the full bank accounts perhaps they are treated as the proceeds of crime and the Swiss State benefits.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I cant remember who I heard reporting on it but Fifa may regret being based in Switzerland, everyone is focused on the FBI investigation however if FIFA is found to have been acting criminally by the Swiss court, the company (thats all it is in essence) could be entirely dissolved by the Swiss State and cease to exist. I'm not sure what happens to the full bank accounts perhaps they are treated as the proceeds of crime and the Swiss State benefits.

They have full bank accounts?

Not for long I suspect!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here