Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many teams do you genuinely support?

How many teams do you genuinely follow (including nations and other sports)

• Only 1 - I'm pure

Votes: 137 69.5%

Votes: 22 11.2%

Votes: 9 4.6%

Votes: 12 6.1%

Votes: 6 3.0%

Votes: 6 3.0%

Votes: 3 1.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 10 or more - super plastic

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There are a few maxims in the football world regarding who you can and can’t support but are they true? In the light of the Chelsea stadium thread and the ongoing “plastics” theme, can anyone be truly said to support only one team? And where are the boundaries? Is it ok to support a Scottish and German team so long as you only support one English? Do you follow another sport religiously? What about national sides?

I was counting up last night and I found that I genuinely care about the results of no less than five teams; Brighton and England at football, Sussex and England at cricket and the Chicago Bears in the NFL. That actually seems relatively low.

So how many teams – any sport allowed - do you closely follow the results of and / or watch regularly?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just the Albion. Any other teams I follow results of but wouldn't class it as support

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tha Albion and the Packers.

I also have an affinity with all DC teams, 'Skins, Nat'nals, Wizards & Caps, but that due to a podcast i listen too.

Strangely enough I dont have a cycling team, naturally I root for the Brits, G & Cav more than most, but would rather watch good racing over individual victories.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Brighton, Sussex and England cricket, England rugby.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only the Albion. I don't even follow football outside of the Albion. I do go to the odd Hertha BSC game though.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Largely indifferent to most sports, so don't follow the results of any particular team in any sport apart from the Albion and the Championship.

I can "support" a team during a particular game, but don't care enough to check results regularly.

I couldn't tell you how teams line up in the Premier League, how the Sharks did last summer (but do go to the occasional t20 when I will support them during the game), I used to follow the English Rugby team but rarely even watch a game now.

Hate tennis, golf, cycling, running, athletics, and almost every other televised sport.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Brighton and Omiya Ardija. One of these teams just got promoted to the top division. I'm hoping the other one follows suit. :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd rather see a band than another football team. That said have no issue with people following multiple teams or so called JCLs. We all started somewhere.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
On the OP's statement "genuinely care about the results"

I have 7
Albion
England Football, Rugby & Cricket
Sussex Cricket
Bath Rugby
Liverpool (Until we play them)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here