Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Godspeed to our aircrew.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Looks like they'll be starting offensive missions over Syria anytime now.

Godspeed to you all lads and get back safe.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Indeed get back safe.

As Sigourney said to the Aliens we're going in

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I know only 1 bomb can have devestating consequences and I'm not getting into the should we shouldn't we debate. But I was shocked to hear we are only talking about 6 or 7 planes!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
What a load of news about a few extra planes having a few free shots at anything they can make a target.
Even though they probably will get the wrong guys, who ever they are.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't agree with something that frankly seems ill conceived in terms of probable effectiveness and to be largely a face saving exercise.
That said "what other choice"? Doing nothing isn't an acceptable option and the nature of our own freedoms precludes us effectively eradicating the very real threat at home and those responsible for radicalising our youth. That is where, for me, the money and the resources should be spent.
There are no winners in tonight's decision. Some bad people will die but many more innocents too. So yes, let's hope at least that our forces come home unharmed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a load of news about a few extra planes having a few free shots at anything they can make a target.
Even though they probably will get the wrong guys, who ever they are.

You do the RAF a great disservice. We aren't Yanks.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know only 1 bomb can have devestating consequences and I'm not getting into the should we shouldn't we debate. But I was shocked to hear we are only talking about 6 or 7 planes!

Yeah don't worry about the rights or wrongs. Only 6 or 7 planes....... Christ we'll hardly kill anyone at this rate. We want blanket bombing. Ok we'll hit the odd school or hospital but that's collateral damage.......shit happens against Arabs.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Can't agree with something that frankly seems ill conceived in terms of probable effectiveness and to be largely a face saving exercise.
That said "what other choice"? Doing nothing isn't an acceptable option and the nature of our own freedoms precludes us effectively eradicating the very real threat at home and those responsible for radicalising our youth. That is where, for me, the money and the resources should be spent.
There are no winners in tonight's decision. Some bad people will die but many more innocents too. So yes, let's hope at least that our forces come home unharmed.

I dont consider them our youth.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I dont consider them our youth.

I understand what you say and I'm happy that morally I disagree. It's a debate of polar opposites perhaps for another day. But in this instance, and purely on the basis of hard numbers born here and educated here (and entirely unextraditable) you are wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here