Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The office Secret Santa tradition

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's that time of year again. I've got somebody to buy for, and I'm a little stumped. Anybody got any belting Secret Santa ideas, memories etc? Inspiration is what I'm after.

My victim of the lucky dip is, by reputation, a little bit reluctant when it comes to spending his money, so I'm thinking my theme might have to be along those lines. Budget £5 (standard). Not bothered if it's rude or close to the bone, so long as it's legal :thumbsup:

Any of you know anybody on my team at work: keep shtum :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
How about mug with the BBC 1 logo and "Script advisor: "Cuffs." printed on it?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Go to a charity shop and purchase the biggest item you can for the fiver. Its a hassle to wrap admittedly but its great to watch them open it and try and get it home later that afternoon after the works lunch. I purchased a Dora the Explorer three wheeled scooter a couple of years back from the local MIND shop.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Our office is using a website that allows you to put together a wish list of what you want.... not sure I agree with it as its not a secret Santa without someone flouncing when they receive something utterly shit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Our office is using a website that allows you to put together a wish list of what you want.... not sure I agree with it as its not a secret Santa without someone flouncing when they receive something utterly shit.

So you each choose what you want to receive, then each pay your £10 to buy something that someone else know's they've chosen?

Basically each person is buying themselves a £10 present.

Isn't that kind of POINTLESS?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
£5 pretty much buys you a flat anywhere North of Leicester, doesn't it? Splash out - buy him a mansion in Middlesbrough.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
If he's tight with his money I'd go t one of these pottery café shops that are popping up for kids to paint pottery items while Mum & Dad have a cuppa...choose a money box and paint 'Tight C**T on it...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't go wrong with cock-trumps...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I got a Spanish woman in the office secret santa a few years ago, with a budget of £10. So I called a mate in Gibraltar and got him to post me a crisp, new Gibraltarian £10 note (they use mostly English banknotes over there, but do create their own versions - like the Scottish ones but NOBODY outside of Gib accepts them!). Because of where she was from (Andalusia), she was very anti Gibraltar being British controlled so obviously took it in *insert sarcasm* great humour!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
£5...: buy a nice box approx 80p a sheet of quality designer wrapping paper £2.99 a ribbon and a designer tag for £1.20 and he/she will have the most expensive looking present there. You can point out as limited to £5 you couldn`t put anything in box. :clap::clap:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Print off a picture of George Osborne, and tell him that's all your budget allowed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So you each choose what you want to receive, then each pay your £10 to buy something that someone else know's they've chosen?

Basically each person is buying themselves a £10 present.

Isn't that kind of POINTLESS?

Completely.

it is completely pointless....

The one positive I can see is that I can put down a playstation online membership and when I get it tell the other half its a secret santa gift and not my doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here