Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds fans to pay pie tax

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Barber must be kicking himself that he didn't think of that first. Having established the concept of making the fans pay a transfer levy, whether or not they actually need it, he could have easily introduced this. The beauty of it is that most fans wouldn't want to wait several hours to get served after the game so it would be pure profit. Wouldn't surprise me to see something like this come in at some point though

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Barber must be kicking himself that he didn't think of that first. Having established the concept of making the fans pay a transfer levy, whether or not they actually need it, he could have easily introduced this. The beauty of it is that most fans wouldn't want to wait several hours to get served after the game so it would be pure profit. Wouldn't surprise me to see something like this come in at some point though
If you read all of the article it's pretty obvious that this has been done in a totally cack handed, amateurish way. Almost as if it's done intentionally to piss fans off.

Barber may well love to do something like this but the way it's been implemented is pure Leeds and, thankfully, the opposite of the way Albion tend to do things these days.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If you read all of the article it's pretty obvious that this has been done in a totally cack handed, amateurish way. Almost as if it's done intentionally to piss fans off.

Barber may well love to do something like this but the way it's been implemented is pure Leeds and, thankfully, the opposite of the way Albion tend to do things these days.

Oh, I agree and I don't think Barber would implement in that way but it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see something similar at some point in the future. I suspect it would be a voluntary initiative, at least to start off with

And I suspect it was done with the intention of pissing Leeds fans off

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh, I agree and I don't think Barber would implement in that way but it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see something similar at some point in the future. I suspect it would be a voluntary initiative, at least to start off with

And I suspect it was done with the intention of pissing Leeds fans off

Nah. Far more likely would be to include a pie and pint with a ticket for a certain match (with the ticket price remaining at the usual price). We seem to be getting more imaginative with our offers for tickets now, and this seems quite an obvious one to try.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I guess it's not that far away, but the fact that they list Preston North End as a top category game seems a little puzzling.

Means Leeds fans have a minimum £42 ticket price. No offence to PNE, but they're no Real Madrid, are they?

I guess it's not that far away, but the fact that they list Preston North End as a top category game seems a little puzzling.

Means Leeds fans have a minimum £42 ticket price. No offence to PNE, but they're no Real Madrid, are they?
Do football fans in Madrid pay £42 to watch a game of football? I certainly didn't when I went to a game there.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My favourite pie and pint/drink offers were at Rotherham where a pie and a pint ("Deal A") was the same price as buying them separately. The other "deals" were the same except a burger and soft drink/tea etc ("Deal D" iirc) was £1 more than buying the individual things.

I said to my 8 year old son "what's wrong with those deals" and he worked it out in seconds.

Could understand this in the home end but do they really think that people who aren't from Rotherham are going to fall got it?

I like the idea of a Pie Protest which involves everyone throwing their "free" pie on to the pitch at the same time.

But I was bemused by the following reader's comment:-
Fatcigar
1:32 PM on 02/12/2015
The whole South Stand should launch their pies when theres a corner in front of them.......
Imagine that on Match of the Day ?

Yep. Imagine Leeds United on Match of the Day. When will that next happen?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I like the idea of a Pie Protest which involves everyone throwing their "free" pie on to the pitch at the same time.

But I was bemused by the following reader's comment:-
Fatcigar
1:32 PM on 02/12/2015
The whole South Stand should launch their pies when theres a corner in front of them.......
Imagine that on Match of the Day ?

Yep. Imagine Leeds United on Match of the Day. When will that next happen?
Evans has obviously masterminded this whole thing. He'll be out with a wheelbarrow.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

If that happened can you imagine how fast Evans would be up and out of the dug out? He'd be like Usian Bolt on crack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here