Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Cheap AA Batteries

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
On a recent shopping trip I popped in to Savers to buy some batteries (I need a few for the kids Christmas Presents), I found a great deal - 36 Duracell batteries for only £8.99.

So if you need loads of batteries yourself, it's the best deal on the high street that I've seen.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
On a recent shopping trip I popped in to Savers to buy some batteries (I need a few for the kids Christmas Presents), I found a great deal - 36 Duracell batteries for only £8.99.

So if you need loads of batteries yourself, it's the best deal on the high street that I've seen.

The power drains more quickly from those batteries than we think. Make sure you're going to use 36 AA batteries before half time to the expiration date.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Remote controlled car?

Close cfb9d3fbca5edec2b283e0e99eee39ae.jpg

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
On the radio the other day they were saying that there is nowhere marked on the battery to say how much charge there is. Thus you cannot tell a good one from a bad one

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm moving over to Eneloop rechargables. They have the advantage that they can be stored and lose hardly any charge. Disposable batteries really are a waste of money.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm moving over to Eneloop rechargables. They have the advantage that they can be stored and lose hardly any charge. Disposable batteries really are a waste of money.

I have often thought of this does the cost of the batteries and charger work out cheaper or do you have to test it over a long term.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Don't forget, once they start to fail in a remote control it is imperative to point the remote out at arm's length, pressing the button really hard with a contorted face.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Used to see big packs of apparently dirt-cheap Duracells on market stalls & the like. The catch, I think, was that on closer inspection they were old-style zinc-chloride rather than alkaline ones, and had been destined for the continent, where the packaging is/was identical. Not sure if that's still the case though.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I have often thought of this does the cost of the batteries and charger work out cheaper or do you have to test it over a long term.

multimode intelligent charger is 19.99 ( here
4 pack of eneloop AA is 9.99 (same place)

If you only got 100 recharges, it's the equivalent of 400 disposables, which at Savers prices is around £100, so you're £70 up on the deal. Of course you only need one charger, so another set of batteries will increase your saving.

Dec 15, 2014
Here

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
multimode intelligent charger is 19.99 ( here
4 pack of eneloop AA is 9.99 (same place)

If you only got 100 recharges, it's the equivalent of 400 disposables, which at Savers prices is around £100, so you're £70 up on the deal. Of course you only need one charger, so another set of batteries will increase your saving.

I have just ordered 12x AAA rechargeables and charger with USB connection from Hong Kong on E Bay for under £4 so not a lot to lose if no good. The drawback is the delivery time from HK.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I have 50+ AA and AAA rechargeables. I think in 5 years I have had to throw away one AAA battery, so they are pretty reliable. The majority of mine are Maplins. They have two own brand lines NiMH and Hybrid. The NiMH lose their charge over time, so if you don't use them, you need to recharge them, the hybrid are less of a problem. I also have some Tronic's which Lidl sometimes sell and these perform well and are dirt cheap. Basically I wouldn't get hung up on "quality" brands. A decent charger and a power meter adn away you go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here