Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Neville

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fantastic appointment all round IMO.

Knows his onions, talks intelligently and with passion, probably has the contacts required by a big club like Valencia. And great to see an Englishman take a job abroad. I really hope he makes a success of that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fantastic appointment all round IMO.

Knows his onions, talks intelligently and with passion, probably has the contacts required by a big club like Valencia. And great to see an Englishman take a job abroad. I really hope he makes a success of that.

Nice part of the world as well. Fair play to him.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So I assume Gary won't sack Phil....meaning a Neville partnership at Valencia?

Gutted that he almost certainly won't be on Skys prem coverage now. Great pundit. Interesting to see if he can walk the walk.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Risky move for both parties, Neville's stock is high with his coaching for England and Sky punditry and probably an even a bigger risk for Valencia with a first time manager and one with no experience of La Liga.

Hope he does well, and will watch with interest.

Will Carragher be rocking up as Real Madrids coach next .....:moo:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Excellent news, he's wasted in a studio in my opinion, a start in Spain does suprise me but the owner of Valencia I believe is the man who invested in Salford ?....

Either way I hope he does great, should lead to a top Prem Job, then onto England Manager... sorted ;-)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just watching SSN coverage of this story

Will Gerry Francis EVER cut that fecking mullet off. :eek:

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Risky one for him (but then again any managerial job is a risk), but given how well he comes across on Sky and how well he came across on the Salford docu I can see him making a good fist of it out there. If / when Roy goes I can see him as next England manager should it go well for him.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Interesting. I see he'll still be involved with England, but I guess we'll miss him from Sky Sports punditry.
You say that like it's a bad thing?

Will be interesting to see how he gets on with all his ideas, it's a tough school in La Liga.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here