Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any news on Liam

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Race between him and Bong to see who is back first, I think.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
How long is bong expected to be out?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Know nothing of Rosenior but Neeson would be one guy I'd hire if my daughter was kidnapped. Neeson actually had a bit of a splash in football.

In 1971, Neeson was enrolled as a physics and computer science student at Queen's University Belfast, Northern Ireland, before leaving to work for the Guinness Brewery.[14] At Queen's, he discovered a talent for football and was spotted by Seán Thomas at Bohemian F.C. There was a club trial in Dublin and Neeson played one game as a substitute against Shamrock Rovers, but he was not offered a contract.[15]

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Chris said the other day Bong was making good progress but won't be back anytime soon and he's happy with Calde filling the left back spot.

Apparently ( and I only found this out last Friday ). Injuries are ''graded'' Grade 1 , Grade 2, Grade 3 etc and these are standardized throughout sport. The grades are given by the doctors who assess them and that grading identifies the anticipated time a sportsman is expected to be out of action.

This is done so that clubs are able to advise fans of the anticipated lay off. It also allows any club thinking of buying a player to have a reasonably accurate insight into that players expected lay off, which they can then decide whether to go ahead with buying a player.

The reason they are graded by the doctors examining the player as opposed to the club themselves is to ensure that there is no conflict of interest. By that I mean they can't be sued if someone takes longer to come back after injury than anticipated if another club buys them whilst injured. They buying club obviously do their own medical as well as a secondary check.

Does anyone know what each of the Grade numbers mean or have any references to how long a player is likely to be out. People in the medical industry might have some insight into this. One of our injuries I know to be a ''Grade 3''

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Does anyone know what each of the Grade numbers mean or have any references to how long a player is likely to be out. People in the medical industry might have some insight into this. One of our injuries I know to be a ''Grade 3''

Grade 3 is most severe of that type of injury (thanks google). I'm going to assume that's Gaetan. Kaz's sounds like it was chronic (hence the op) and Liam's looked more minor than Gaetan's.
Grade 1 is a knock. Grade 2 more likely to be Liam's prognosis.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just googled it for a ham string or muscle strain and that showed a site physio room who state as an average guide:

Grade 1 is expected 2 - 3 weeks rest
Grade 2 is 3-6 weeks
Grade 3 is 3 months.

Thus is a general guide I would think obviously tears or breaks would be different

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Grade 3 is most severe of that type of injury (thanks google). I'm going to assume that's Gaetan. Kaz's sounds like it was chronic (hence the op) and Liam's looked more minor than Gaetan's.
Grade 1 is a knock. Grade 2 more likely to be Liam's prognosis.

Correct......it was Kaz who had the Grade 3 but he is only supposed to be out 4 to 6 weeks after the op

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here