Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know he was shockingly poor in his last season for us (and not very good at all, except in his first season here), but I'd have thought he could do a job in league 2. Yet whenever I check Luton's results, he seems to come on as a substitute, usually around the 65-70 minute mark. Is he so bad that he can't command a starting place in that league? I must say that even as one of his more fierce critics, I thought he'd be better than that!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I thought he would tear up Div 2 and score goals for fun...obviously not.
I was so confident I put a £5 on CMS as Golden Boot for that Division!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wonder if the poor lads confidence is just shot to pieces by now.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I know he was shockingly poor in his last season for us (and not very good at all, except in his first season here), but I'd have thought he could do a job in league 2. Yet whenever I check Luton's results, he seems to come on as a substitute, usually around the 65-70 minute mark. Is he so bad that he can't command a starting place in that league? I must say that even as one of his more fierce critics, I thought he'd be better than that!

im sure he ll come good and good luck to him nice guy.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm not at all surprised ... he was in a great team at Posh with McLean, McCann, Boyd and Tomlin, they were out and out attack. A few flashes with us but that's all, and the injury finished him off I think

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Think that bad injury really did for him. Never the same after that. A real shame as he was a quality player and seems an all round decent bloke.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My daughters boyfriend is a Luton season ticket holder, to say he is less than impressed with CMS is an understatement.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I thought he would do really well. I loved the guy and felt we didn't play to his strengths.

I think he is the sort of player that really needs a certain type of play to be successful. I bet he wishes he had gone to the prem instead of to us as at least he would have probably got a bigger pay day

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought he would do really well. I loved the guy and felt we didn't play to his strengths.

I think he is the sort of player that really needs a certain type of play to be successful. I bet he wishes he had gone to the prem instead of to us as at least he would have probably got a bigger pay day
I don't think Prem clubs were in for him. It was us, Leicester or West Ham - all in the Championship.

I too hope it works out for him - he was poor for us, but he worked hard and I think that's really all you can ask for. But Gus Poyet's judgement will forever be called into question, after watching how his career worked out compared to that of Glenn Murray. Dear oh dear what an absolutely shocking mistake that has proved to be.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I don't think Prem clubs were in for him. It was us, Leicester or West Ham - all in the Championship.

I too hope it works out for him - he was poor for us, but he worked hard and I think that's really all you can ask for. But Gus Poyet's judgement will forever be called into question, after watching how his career worked out compared to that of Glenn Murray. Dear oh dear what an absolutely shocking mistake that has proved to be.

I think I am having a moment - I remembered West Ham and Leicester but completely forgot the Hammers weren't in the prem that year! Is 27 too early for a senior moment?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
CMS waited 4 years for a pass like Kayals to Wilson on Saturday. I am sure he would have still missed though.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
CMS waited 4 years for a pass like Kayals to Wilson on Saturday. I am sure he would have still missed though.

Tend to agree. CMS was a model professional and a nice guy but sadly not a clinical enough finisher, even before the injury I would suggest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here