Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Could do a job. We are a bit short up front suddenly.
Even if you were our only available option other than Muttley he could never do a job. Unless it was by one of the corner flags.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Living on the Suffolk/Essex border I follow Colchester United and regularly go to their games. They play CMS' Stevenage tomorrow and he has a Q&A section in their online programme this week. In his top three career moments he lists being bought by us! Good to see him remembering that fondly.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Living on the Suffolk/Essex border I follow Colchester United and regularly go to their games. They play CMS' Stevenage tomorrow and he has a Q&A section in their online programme this week. In his top three career moments he lists being bought by us! Good to see him remembering that fondly.

Not sure I’ve known a player in the stripes get a more rough time from our fans than CMS. He was great at times, poor control etc too often but also ran his heart out every game and seemed a nice guy. I’ll never understand some poster’s overly critical judgement of him.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not sure I’ve known a player in the stripes get a more rough time from our fans than CMS. He was great at times, poor control etc too often but also ran his heart out every game and seemed a nice guy. I’ll never understand some poster’s overly critical judgement of him.

I disagree. He wasn’t ever really disliked, but was criticised as you’d expect given his record sum, comparison to Murray etc. Yes he ran about like a Labrador and never quite lived up to billing. But he was our Labrador! And gave us a number of joyous moments / was universally loved by most for his trying if not his skill. CMS will always be most welcome at the Albion without question. Top bloke off the pitch from my understanding too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I disagree. He wasn’t ever really disliked, but was criticised as you’d expect given his record sum, comparison to Murray etc. Yes he ran about like a Labrador and never quite lived up to billing. But he was our Labrador! And gave us a number of joyous moments / was universally loved by most for his trying if not his skill. CMS will always be most welcome at the Albion without question. Top bloke off the pitch from my understanding too.

No mate - we agree. I just feel like people were overly critical in their analyses of him overall. Not everyone, but far too many for my liking. He wasn’t bad bad...

saintquin

Apr 13, 2010
Remember you lot saying how much more you prefer him to Lambert and how much longer he would be scoring for you.
Neither player lasted much longer at our clubs in the end.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I cannot help linking the acquisition of CMS with letting Glenn Murray go on a free to Palace.
CMS was lively and tried very hard to make his mark. Murray was a goal scoring Brighton Legend.
That, to me was the difference.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I know a couple of Brighton fans and they told me he was SHITHOUSE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

He'll be in good company then with Adam El Abd.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Was never his fault. Even as someone who didn't rate him, you couldn't fault his attitude, desire and commitment. He just wasn't good enough for the Championship and we let a player go that was good enough for the Premier League.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Was never his fault. Even as someone who didn't rate him, you couldn't fault his attitude, desire and commitment. He just wasn't good enough for the Championship and we let a player go that was good enough for the Premier League.

I agree with you. The fact that Murray had gone on a free and was doing so well for our arch rivals just accentuated the 'disappointment' with CMS. It wasn't his fault that Poyet made a fundamental misjudgment.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Craig Mackail-Smith was replaced by Alex Revell in the 85th minute. :ohmy:

Neither scored, 0-0 draw. Nightmare!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here