Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion U-16 goalkeeper Tom McGill playing for England - live coverage on ussoccer.com

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thomas McGill, academy U-16 goalkeeper, is in the England U-16 squad for the Nike International friendlies that begin on Wednesday in Florida. The matches are being shown live on ussoccer.com

England play the US at 11pm UK time on Wednesday evening. They then play Brazil at 8pm UK time on Friday, and the Netherlands at 8pm UK time on Sunday.

For more details, see the US Soccer website - Hackworth Brings 20-Player Roster to 2015 Nike International Friendlies

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good fur haff

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good result. 1 up then 2-1 down and eventually clawing back and scoring a winner in the dying moments of injury time. Our boy didn't have much chance with either goal.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7175537 said:
AZ Gull, how come you are so knowledgeable about our youth players? Are you involved in some capacity? Thanks for all the updates you give us! :thumbsup:

For some reason, I've always been interested in the younger players (and minor, bit part players) in the Albion story. I'm a data guy, so maybe I'm driven to find out information that isn't readily available.

No, I'm not involved; I live 5,000 miles away and I don't know a single person at the club. The strange thing is, the less communicative the club has become in recent seasons over the academy (and they have), the more determined I've become to keep track on what's going on, player movement, loans, international involvement etc. I will simply say that when you put your mind to it, and have an internet connection, you will be amazed at what you can find out!

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
For some reason, I've always been interested in the younger players (and minor, bit part players) in the Albion story. I'm a data guy, so maybe I'm driven to find out information that isn't readily available.

No, I'm not involved; I live 5,000 miles away and I don't know a single person at the club. The strange thing is, the less communicative the club has become in recent seasons over the academy (and they have), the more determined I've become to keep track on what's going on, player movement, loans, international involvement etc. I will simply say that when you put your mind to it, and have an internet connection, you will be amazed at what you can find out!

Well I for one, and it looks like many others, are extremely grateful for your data-holism I find your updates and insights really interesting and make me question how much there is online about me out there...

Why do you think the club has become more secretive? Is it the quality of the players having improved and therefore some bizarre attempt to hide them from preying clubs, a general lack of comms or something else entirely? If I remember the club match day programme used to report on youth games does it still do that or does being in Arizona make that irrelevant to you as a source?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know I'm being a bit woolly here, but isn't there something a little disturbing about all of this:-

- International under 16/17 match.
- In America.
- Televised.

It all rather smacks of too much too soon.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I know I'm being a bit woolly here, but isn't there something a little disturbing about all of this:-

- International under 16/17 match.
- In America.
- Televised.

It all rather smacks of too much too soon.

They video most games anyway and then have the video analyser and coach go through all the play etc., there have always been schoolboy internationals too, the only question perhaps do they need to hop on a plane and travel to the USA, perhaps not but there is a current belief that they are acclimatising themselves to top class football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They video most games anyway and then have the video analyser and coach go through all the play etc., there have always been schoolboy internationals too, the only question perhaps do they need to hop on a plane and travel to the USA, perhaps not but there is a current belief that they are acclimatising themselves to top class football.
Yeah I get all of that, as said I know I'm being very namby-pamby.
But contrary to what Sky would have us believe, football isn't more important than life or death.
Therefore having a child's career over before they are old enough to drink, is what's troubling me.

:sigh: I guess I'm just old :down:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Yeah I get all of that, as said I know I'm being very namby-pamby.
But contrary to what Sky would have us believe, football isn't more important than life or death.
Therefore having a child's career over before they are old enough to drink, is what's troubling me.

:sigh: I guess I'm just old :down:

Look at our own Youth and Under 21's.

They can some games, get on a luxury coach head north to a luxury hotel, have a nice meal and a meeting in one of the conference rooms before going to their rooms, up early next day, breakfast and prepare for an evening game, play and back on the luxury coach and back to Lancing.

Its part of being a Cat. 1 Academy the budget demands it, I am not sure it necessarily delivers what the development coaches think it does and you do wonder at the scale of the investment, but if thats what a £10 million loss making business deems important then let them get on with it .......................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here