Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why so few tickets sold V Charlton?

Compared to Birmingham.

There are 100's, possibly 1500+ more seats available that at the same time last week yet Charlton have received a bigger allocation.

After our great performance last week, being 2 points clear, a big away following I thought we would be looking at another high crowd of the season, but availability suggests anything but.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Compared to Birmingham.

There are 100's, possibly 1500+ more seats available that at the same time last week yet Charlton have received a bigger allocation.

After our great performance last week, being 2 points clear, a big away following I thought we would be looking at another high crowd of the season, but availability suggests anything but.

Maybe more are released earlier, as I said in your Brum thread the manner in which seats are released defies logic

I doubt Charlton will be bringing too many

Pissing down

Seaford Xmas Fayre :moo:

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Wasn't there some sort of offer on for last week's game - something like £15 for an adult and U16.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Christmas is coming. Some fans will have had to choose Birmingham or Charlton on cost grounds or Christmas shopping!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Compared to Birmingham.

I think there are probably a few factors going on here. Perhaps the biggest one is, as alluded to by [MENTION=28546]Gary1[/MENTION], the lack of a promotional ticket offer. If you look at the number of "home" tickets we have sold for each of our games so far this season (ie total tickets sold minus away tickets), it is very noticeable that the two largest sellers are Cardiff (when the club did the two mates for a tenner each deal) and Birmingham (when there was the adult plus child for ₤15 deal).

The home ticket sales for these two games were:-

Cardiff - 25,237
Brum - 25,439

The next highest figure is 23,923 for the Hull game.

We don't know exactly how many season ticket holders we have, but the lowest number of home tickets sold so far this season was for Rotherham, where the figure was 21,232. If we assume that there were not many matchday tickets sold for that game, it would suggest that the matchday take-up for Cardiff and Brum was somewhere between 4-5,000. For five other games this season (including Rotherham), the figure is less than 2,000.

Another factor for Charlton is that the game is category A - Cardiff and Brum were both Category B.

It would certainly suggest that the "normal" matchday pricing (especially for Cat A games) is sufficient to put off hundreds (thousands?) who might be persuaded to attend when there are significant promotions and discounts available.

Given all this, let's hope that many of these supporters have been, or will be, persuaded by the value offered by the half-season ticket.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Sorry to mention it as I know many on here love defending the OTT match day ticket prices, especially those who have a season ticket and never pay them, but- THE PRICES ARE TOO HIGH AND THEY PUT LOADS OF PEOPLE OFF!

Brighton alone is full of people who follow football and would be likely to turn up to the odd game for around £20. Most people, particularly those who aren't (yet) avid Albion fans don't want to pay £32 / £42 per game. It's factual and evidenced by these attendances.

I know many season ticket holders think the match day tickets are great value so no need to remind me. They're overpriced. The club loses a lot of revenue and the possibility of attracting new fans on a match by match basis.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I´m a ST holder and am bringing my wife to the Charlton game. Managed to get a seat next to mine - 42 quid. Ouch!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sorry to mention it as I know many on here love defending the OTT match day ticket prices, especially those who have a season ticket and never pay them, but- THE PRICES ARE TOO HIGH AND THEY PUT LOADS OF PEOPLE OFF!

Brighton alone is full of people who follow football and would be likely to turn up to the odd game for around £20. Most people, particularly those who aren't (yet) avid Albion fans don't want to pay £32 / £42 per game. It's factual and evidenced by these attendances.

I know many season ticket holders think the match day tickets are great value so no need to remind me. They're overpriced. The club loses a lot of revenue and the possibility of attracting new fans on a match by match basis.
The problem with reducing significant numbers of matchday tickets to £20 is that if it happened frequently, the club would haemorrhage season ticket holders who would pick and choose matches ad hoc.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks

Absolutely this, although myself and kiddlies have season tickets, for some matches I've had to get tickets for wife, brother, friends etc. Don't get me wrong, I love taking them but the match day prices are too high.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Compared to Birmingham.

Category A means £42,00 for ESU, which is a lot, (other areas are cheaper, I realise) and particularly as it is sandwiched between two better games, on paper at least. There is still time, of course, and one hopes that sales will pick up. I think Charlton have sold about 1000, and can't see that improving much. Yes, it is disappointing, and also perhaps a measure of our increased level of expectation this year, when a gate as "low" as say, 23,000, seems disappointing. As the run-in excitement intensifies, even the matches that would attract less fans will garner more supporters, I am sure.

el punal

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the Charlton game. My daughter is flying out that weekend to work abroad for three years, so a big family "do" is planned. Miss that and I will be excommunicated, disinherited, shunned, and my goolies cut off and hung on the Christmas tree for good measure.

So those of you going, give the boys a cheer from me and, hopefully, another three points in the bag.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Same old thread. Club must come to terms that people will not pay these match day prices on a regular basis. If I or friends cant go we have loads of people wanting them at cost price of £28. None of them are willing to take up seats at £42 that are available on match basis

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Absolutely this, although myself and kiddlies have season tickets, for some matches I've had to get tickets for wife, brother, friends etc. Don't get me wrong, I love taking them but the match day prices are too high.

I took other half of family, wife and other child to watch the Birmingham game. £62 in tickets and about £20 extra in food and drink.......All in all about £150 afternoon out....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'll be there on Saturday...first game for a few weeks . Did we play well against MKD and Brum? Will I be suitably impressed or bored silly?

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I know a friend who wants to go but is saying £41 is Just too much. £35 and he would be there.

He still might though is pay on the day available?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I know a friend who wants to go but is saying £41 is Just too much. £35 and he would be there.

He still might though is pay on the day available?

Yes, you can . Good news -just checked on the ticket website - North Stand area £32.00, so he can make it within his budget.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Yes, you can . Good news -just checked on the ticket website - North Stand area £32.00, so he can make it within his budget.

Cheers Hastings.
Nice one, I will let him know! Shame he won't be sitting with us. That is quite a difference though.

Can you walk from the north seats to wsl?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Cheers Hastings.
Nice one, I will let him know! Shame he won't be sitting with us. That is quite a difference though.

Can you walk from the north seats to wsl?

Bring a hankie and you can wave to each other . No, I am pretty certain that you can't walk off, or else all will be doing it to get to the pricier parts, quite apart from security fears. Dicks Bar beforehand, and then afterwards, I don't think there is too much of a problem if you as an individual wander into another area to meet up for a beer or three. But please check the ticket website, and see what there is. Print your own incurs no charge.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Charlton also dont travel well. I reckon 1000 at best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here