Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old hat maybe - but why no dedicated beer queues?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Last Saturday I missed Sir Bob's goal because I was in a queue
where the majority of people wanted hot chocolate and teas; these
clearly take much longer to prepare than ready pulled pints.

So my question - why no dedicated beer lanes?

The answer is not - "get down before the half-time whistle and you'll
be fine". I don't see why the catering can't be organised enough to
avoid this. I mean ffs.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Last Saturday I missed Sir Bob's goal because I was in a queue
where the majority of people wanted hot chocolate and teas; these
clearly take much longer to prepare than ready pulled pints.

So my question - why no dedicated beer lanes?

The answer is not - "get down before the half-time whistle and you'll
be fine". I don't see why the catering can't be organised enough to
avoid this. I mean ffs.
i agree.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People buying hot drinks and sweets should have their own effing queue in the corner somewhere and leave all the main bars for beer! (Is the correct answer)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
There should be a special queue for f*ckwits who haven't worked out what before they've reached the counter.
Yes there should be a drink only queues.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
We have one of these in the north stand, just assumed they were everywhere in the ground.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Is frustrating sometimes as those of us buying beer have a limited time to buy it and getting stuck behind some fvckers buying Bovril and Pies for 4 people at a time certainly winds me up!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There's one in East Upper. And virtually no queue at half-time on Saturday. Not sure why there isn't one in all parts of the ground?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Havn't been to the Amex for a couple of years now (last game was THAT play off match against Palace :() , but didn't there used to be those mobile bar thingies that served beer only? I'm pretty sure there used to be a Fosters one and a Harveys one too...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7174047 said:
Havn't been to the Amex for a couple of years now (last game was THAT play off match against Palace :() , but didn't there used to be those mobile bar thingies that served beer only? I'm pretty sure there used to be a Fosters one and a Harveys one too...

They were really handy but went in what I assume was part of a cost cutting initiative

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Damn those hot chocolate drinkers. How can they possibly be real fans anyway if they don't drink beer at the stadium? I bet they're the types who buy fish and chips outside and then spend money in the shop before enjoying the match in their seats. Selfish barstewards!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The problem is the hot chocolate drinkers have all the time in the world as they can slowly take their drinks back to their seats.

Beer drinkers have to buy it and chuck it down their necks in just 15 minutes. No option to drink while watching the game.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
They are in the upper east, lower east, lower west and the several in the North and occasionally in the away end.
Don't have much call to go to the upper west so don't don't know about up there
At a guess i would say that where the most demand is hence where they are put where they are.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
There are 2 beer only kiosks (one of em is beer + pies) in the West Upper concourse.
One of em, although it doesn't work that smoothly, allows you to order your drink to pick up at half time.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
PS: What is legal/safety reason that the game can't be shown on the concourse TVs ?

There are 2 beer only kiosks (one of em is beer + pies) in the West Upper concourse.
One of em, although it doesn't work that smoothly, allows you to order your drink to pick up at half time.

I must have missed this,

Where is it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here