Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Total Number Of Albion Games You've Watched

el punal

I'm rapidly approaching my 50th anniversary of supporting our wonderful football club - 4th December 1965, to be precise, against Bedford Town in the FA Cup 2nd round. We drew 1-1.

Anyway, it got me thinking how many games have I watched over the years. Unfortunately, I can't come up with an exact figure as I've never kept a record. Trawling through season by season stats I reckon on average I've managed to get to at least 10 games each year. In certain decades the number has been low for various reasons (having to work match days, family, lack of money, etc), and some have been high 1970s/80s and recently over the last 7 years (semi-retirement is so agreeable!).

So by my reckoning I've taken in around 500 games, home and away, all League divisions, League Cup, FA Cup, Play-Offs and Friendlies, and I tell you what - I wouldn't have missed them for the world.

Now I'm sure there are many of you out there who have far exceeded my modest total, it would be great to hear how many Brighton games you've seen so far . . . . and long may it continue! :albion2:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'd never be able to come up with an accurate figure, I've been watching the Albion since 1986 with at least 5 games a season. There's definitely 3 seasons I've managed all 46 league games, another 8 or 9 with season tickets where I've not missed a home game.
A couple of years in that time.I've been determined to stay away but been pulled back

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Since 1946, my 3rd birthday present was my first. I missed some when in the Army but very roughly the missed games would be compensated by the away games I have attended over many seasons and have based this on about 24 home games per season. Not sure how many grandad took me to after my 3rd birthday treat until I reached about 6 or 7yrs old when our next door neighbour started taking me each game. The total must be in excess of 1200. as 54 years since 1950 x 24 = 1296.

Having done this it is possibly way out so havent really got a clue but it is a lot and hopfully a lot more still to come. As I take metformin for my diabetes.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Haven't got a scooby! Considering my first was 9/2/74, all I can guess at is "quite a lot"

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Off the top of my head, about 500+, since 1969, a lot of that time in the RN, and I'll miss my first home game in 3and a1/2 years against Boro, gotta work:tantrum:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dread to think. Just passed my 38th year since my first game and I've been a season ticket holder for 31 of those only being without a season in the mid 80s to early 90s. A lot of the mid 90s to mid 00s came with a very healthy dose of away games as well.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not including friendlies and testimonials
P 272
W 125
D 80
L 67

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
first game 1971 as a 7 year old

Lucky enough to have two older brothers who used to have to put up with me

started going on my own around 1978,certainly on my tod for the imfamous spurs visit in 1978

went alot in the 1980's too

as for away games not that many,used to cherry pick 3 or 4 a season,but back then going away normally meant aggro

stopped going around 1995;although I did go Preistfield,then withdean a few times a season

the Amex,I think 4 times as I now live in France

when I was a kid,if you'd said to me,you'll watch Brighton at home at 4 different grounds,I'd said your mad

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In my 39th season so roughly 23 * 39 = 897 home games (Yeah I know there were fewer games per season in the old top two flights but I did say roughly). Have missed one or maybe two per season but add in the home cup ties (apart from a few 1st round league cup ties against crap teams). Throw in about 150 away games and it would appear I missed celebrating my 1000th game!Q`

theboybilly

I'd never be able to come up with an accurate figure, I've been watching the Albion since 1986 with at least 5 games a season. There's definitely 3 seasons I've managed all 46 league games, another 8 or 9 with season tickets where I've not missed a home game.
A couple of years in that time.I've been determined to stay away but been pulled back

All 46 league games in a season is very impressive. The most I've managed is 35 (last season) With retirement looming 43 is likely this term. With a bit less funds available I reckon on about half the 'aways' in future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here