Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

schizophrenic Paranoia cured?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
miraculously Sutcliffe has been cured (or has he or did he even have it) and is being moved to a prison after 30 years in Broadmoor???

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
miraculously Sutcliffe has been cured (or has he or did he even have it) and is being moved to a prison after 30 years in Broadmoor???

Are you saying he wasn't mentally ill? He owned up to 16 murders and 8 or so attempted murders. And a grave told him to do it.

He'll still be locked up, he probably still has half a pen left in his left eye, and will now meet a lot of new inmates. He's hardly on holiday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Schizophrenia is a very prevalent illness; 7 out of every 5 people suffer from it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There's no I in team but there's two I's in schizophrenia.

And I think I might be schizo, if I'm being Frank.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Are you saying he wasn't mentally ill? He owned up to 16 murders and 8 or so attempted murders. And a grave told him to do it.

He'll still be locked up, he probably still has half a pen left in his left eye, and will now meet a lot of new inmates. He's hardly on holiday.

Oh yes he was/is mentally ill
the question I was asking was how have they now found a cure just for him?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Oh yes he was/is mentally ill
the question I was asking was how have they now found a cure just for him?

They almost certainly haven't found a cure for him. Akin to many other diseases, schizophrenia can be managed successfully with appropriate treament, but not cured. There is always the potential for flare-ups or re-occurences of symptoms, like many mental and non-mental illnesses. I'd imagine with a case with the apparent severity of his that it has taken the best part of the last 30 years to bring it under control.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I have it on good authority that the reports of his conversion into the Jehovah's Witnesses are true. I have family in the faith, both here and in Berkshire.
While he may no longer believe that the demons are telling him to kill prostitutes, he would believe that such people (and the rest us of non believers) are to be killed off by God at an imminent day of Armageddon, and the world's politicians are mere puppets on the strings of Satan and The Demons....

Sounds sane to me....???

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
He is probably on heavy duty antipsychotic medication which he has to take when a "patient" under the Mental health Act". If he moves to a prison it will be interesting to see whether he will no longer be detained under the Act and so can stop taking the meds. Having come face to face with him in Broadmoor two weeks before Ian Kay stabbed him in the eye with a biro in 1997 I can safely say he had the most piercing intimidating stare that went straight through you that I had ever experienced. More intimidating than even a Roy Keane stare.
BTW I was not a patient! - it was my work at the time and remain to this day amazed how the staff work, day in day out on his ward with so many murderers to manage.
If you think you are having a bad day at the office, just try and imagine a day in life of "the high dependency unit" at Broadmoor.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I have it on good authority that the reports of his conversion into the Jehovah's Witnesses are true. I have family in the faith, both here and in Berkshire.
While he may no longer believe that the demons are telling him to kill prostitutes, he would believe that such people (and the rest us of non believers) are to be killed off by God at an imminent day of Armageddon, and the world's politicians are mere puppets on the strings of Satan and The Demons....

Sounds sane to me....???

Tyson Fury said similar stuff.......

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He is probably on heavy duty antipsychotic medication which he has to take when a "patient" under the Mental health Act". If he moves to a prison it will be interesting to see whether he will no longer be detained under the Act and so can stop taking the meds. Having come face to face with him in Broadmoor two weeks before Ian Kay stabbed him in the eye with a biro in 1997 I can safely say he had the most piercing intimidating stare that went straight through you that I had ever experienced. More intimidating than even a Roy Keane stare.
BTW I was not a patient! - it was my work at the time and remain to this day amazed how the staff work, day in day out on his ward with so many murderers to manage.
If you think you are having a bad day at the office, just try and imagine a day in life of "the high dependency unit" at Broadmoor.

imagine my second week as a prison officer, nights in "C" wing at the Scrubs and reading the cards outside the cells

that scared my shiteless, we did one transfer to Broadmoor.................not a nice place to be sure

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Roses are red,
violets are blue,
I'm a schizophrenic,
and so am I.

On a serious note, I hope Sutcliffe meets some big hairy assed bloke called Brenda as a cellmate.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Roses are red,
violets are blue,
I'm a schizophrenic,
and so am I.

On a serious note, I hope Sutcliffe meets some big hairy assed bloke called Brenda as a cellmate.

he will probably be on "rule 43" segregated at least for a while

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here