Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting XI for Charlton

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep, the team almost picks itself. Give Bobby a rest and Calde in for Liam.

I think against Derby, Hughton is going to need a massive rethink over our left back situation. Against Charlton I'm expecting the Albion to run the game and have most of the ball. Charlton aren't good enough to have the ball enough to concentrate attacks down our left flank, but that's not going to be the case at Derby.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
If we go three up. That is a very huge if,in fact unlikely I think Goldson will come on for Calderon.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, the team almost picks itself. Give Bobby a rest and Calde in for Liam.

I think against Derby, Hughton is going to need a massive rethink over our left back situation. Against Charlton I'm expecting the Albion to run the game and have most of the ball. Charlton aren't good enough to have the ball enough to concentrate attacks down our left flank, but that's not going to be the case at Derby.

Agree with this, keep BZ in cotton wool when we can.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Personally I'd give vlp a game at lb against charlton to see if he can do it I believe he played CB aces times for Wolves we will need pace in that possy against the likes of ince and adomah and calde ain't up to it at lb

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Personally I'd give vlp a game at lb against charlton to see if he can do it I believe he played CB aces times for Wolves we will need pace in that possy against the likes of ince and adomah and calde ain't up to it at lb

Love how everyone assumes we can do what we like against Charlton and win......arrogance in my opinion that will smack us in the face if we took that route

Calderon simply has to play left back until either Bong or Rosenior get fit or a free agent is found.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I wouldn't have someone who can do this at left back. I can't see him being that disciplined.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcVRMuU8-CM

Calde will be fine against Charlton.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Charlton are an inconsistent side but they've also produced some shock results so far beating the likes of Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 and Hull as well. No room for complacency or experimentation. Calde for Liam and Wilson for Zamora (unless Hughton et al think he is up to starting 4 games in a row).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Calderon

March
Kayal
Stephens