Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton plan £7.5m raid on Brighton for Solly March

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
I really hope these sort of stories are only getting published due to our (and Solly's) current excellent form and there is no concrete evidence for anyone poaching our players

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-plan-75m-transfer-raid-6930509

Southampton are ready to raid south-coast neighbours Brighton for wonderkid Solly March.

The England Under-21 ace was wanted by Saints boss Ronald Koeman 18 months ago, but he ended up passing on the winger due to his inexperience.

However, the Dutchman has reignited his interest in the wideman, who came through the Seagulls’ academy after being spotted at local non-league club Lewes at 17.

A series of eye-catching performances for the Championship pacesetters have catapulted March into the young England reckoning - and made him a target for Premier League clubs.

He has played a key role in Chris Hughton’s side’s stunning unbeaten start to the season, and bagged his third goal of the campaign against Birmingham on Saturday.

March was close to joining Newcastle as a teenager, but opted for his hometown outfit as the best place to develop his career.

March, 21, would cost Southampton around £7.5million.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He'd be better off staying at Brighton and getting game time and learning. 7.5mil must be a guess but is big, big money...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Lazy desk journalism. No source, just evidence of a young player in form and a previous interest.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Lazy desk journalism. No source, just evidence of a young player in form and a previous interest.

this. though, as some consolation, at least they are talking about serious money for our players.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Fine....7.5 million of our Great British Pounds now!
And an immediate season long loan back to us is fine with me!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Double that and loan him back til the end of the season and we'll consider it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Our players of course will raise some interest we are unbeaten and top of the league. Can't see us selling any of our 1st team players this season.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
See my comment 4 minutes prior to your post...

Sometimes you can't keep the genie in the lamp. What is particularly pleasing is to have seen Solly turn from an indifferent teenager into a truly world-class prospect. What an endorsement of our set-up and development programme...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Not in a million years.

Give it 2 years and we'll be considered a more desirable club than stains. Plus, I really doubt CH would allow any of our 3 wingers to leave at the moment. They're all just starting to gel.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
See my comment 4 minutes prior to your post...

Sometimes you can't keep the genie in the lamp. What is particularly pleasing is to have seen Solly turn from an indifferent teenager into a truly world-class prospect. What an endorsement of our set-up and development programme...

I thought we signed him from Lewes?

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
Young, skilful and ENGLISH (as well as the jizz fest over players coming from non-league teams due to Vardy at the mo) means he will be thrust into the limelight after his performances. I'd just hope the club think long and hard before doing anything.

Note: I don't believe anything that comes from these websites are substantial at all

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Southampton are thinking of offering £7.5 M (and that's a great BIG if, IMHO) it'll be because they think that they'll be able to sell him on for twenty million after a season or two. Southampton youngsters go (usually to Arsenal) for a lot of money.
Haven't been his greatest fan, but he does seem to be coming into his own in the last few matches. Hold on to him would seem to be the best option - but if the bidding goes seriously north of £7.5M, might be the time to start listening.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Its BS..

If your a big time star in the making then you get poached by Big clubs, not a club who is the same size as us with the same potential if we go up(and we are top). Why take that gamble? Stains are mid table, we are not at the point of bankruptcy.

To many fans on here falling for "ooooh what a big massive club stains are", usually simster is the cheer leader of this kind of bilge..Last player to get this sort of Hype was Haha,,,and he went to?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Solly needs to play football, don't think moving to Southampton would be a good move for him. Play like he did on Saturday for the rest of the season and he could be a Premier League player next season anyway.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm surprised it's taken until today for a story like this. Solly's performance on Saturday would have got him MoM in most of the Premier League games at the weekend had he played in a top flight game. Any tabloid journalist NOT making shit up about him should receive a written warning - it's what they're paid to do! All quality young Championship stars get it: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...ws/fulham-boss-warning-everton-spurs-10520296
http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/19/manch...t-to-sign-new-bolton-contract-report-5446596/

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If stains are e a big club like manure and March has potential like Haha then he will go for the same kind of price £20 mill.

Unless you think we have the kind of board that sells cheap to flybynight outfits?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here