Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton players unpaid

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Neil Lennon will be delighted with this. He can pretend that the players are distracted by it all, and gives him an excuse for the UTTERLY shit job he is doing.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£173m in debt. Yet another masterclass in how NOT to run a football club.

I expect Gartside will be trotting out his "2-tier Premier League" idea again soon, with no relegation from the 2nd tier. Might struggle to get that pushed through for May though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have no time for Lennon but this really isn't his fault.

The club has been mismanaged for the financial gain and vanity of Gartside and his pals for years. Surprised it's taken this long for the shit to hit the fan as Eddie Davies has been taken for a total mug (he's no TB obviously).

Rotten to the core.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/oct/11/phil-gartside-bolton-wanderers-abyss

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=25210

They're f*cked.

Nobody is suggesting for a second that the financial debacle is in any way Lennon's fault.

The point is that he's doing a terrible job, even allowing for the mediocre players he has to work with, but now has the perfect excuse.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As I said I'm no Lennon apologist but I doubt any manger could prevent Bolton falling off a very large cliff right now.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
11 seasons in the world's richest football league plus parachute payments. They've made a lot of agents very happy.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Speaking to a Bolton mate (STH) last week he said that he can't see them winning a game and is worried that any (half) decent players they have will be off in January. This was before the players not getting paid thing happened (although this may be Birch trying to buy time and work out exactly what is owed to whom).

Also the estimate is that it would cost them £650k to sack Lennon and obviously they're not exactly going to be able to attract anyone decent to replace him. Davies has pulled the plug so although he's willing to write off the loans if the club is sold there's no way he's putting any more cash in. As they are losing c£1m a month and are also behind with paying HMRC (don't know how much) it would take someone willing to invest a lot of money to sort the mess out.

As I said, they're f*cked.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I expect Gartside will be trotting out his "2-tier Premier League" idea again soon, with no relegation from the 2nd tier. Might struggle to get that pushed through for May though.

Gartside is "seriously ill" which is apparently why Birch has been brought in although the timing seems amazingly coincidental.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I always laughed at this - if it was a closed shopped and done on a franchise style system 5 clubs from london etc, why the **** would Bolton be in it?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Speaking to a Bolton mate (STH) last week he said that he can't see them winning a game and is worried that any (half) decent players they have will be off in January. This was before the players not getting paid thing happened (although this may be Birch trying to buy time and work out exactly what is owed to whom).

Also the estimate is that it would cost them £650k to sack Lennon and obviously they're not exactly going to be able to attract anyone decent to replace him. Davies has pulled the plug so although he's willing to write off the loans if the club is sold there's no way he's putting any more cash in. As they are losing c£1m a month and are also behind with paying HMRC (don't know how much) it would take someone willing to invest a lot of money to sort the mess out.

As I said, they're f*cked.

Do they still have Clough? The young lad who scored against us last season? I cant imagine there is any players anyone else would be interested in surely.

To be honest it's always shit for the fans when things like this happen. But years of overspending will always come back to bite you in the arse in the long run.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Who is their left back ?

Presumably they have now broken his contract, so he can be lured away ? ???

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

So he got what he wanted then ... it's just the U21 Premier League

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
When Owen Coyle left us there was a lot of ‘interaction’ between Burnley and Bolton fans. One of the main sticking points was that Coyle (and many of the Bolton fans) went on about their supreme financial situation. Aside from the bickering a few Burnley fans pointed out that though Bolton were a richer club, they were richer in terms of credit and that there was a large risk attached to the club due to this.

It was waiting to happen from back then, the club was operating way outside of what was healthy. Now Davies is calling in the debt and the club looks all but doomed, sad but this will happen to most clubs if you try to gamble on Premier League money and a benevolent owner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here