Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brum fans video diary of Saturday

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Interesting video. Good to hear a Blues fan say we were a really good side, not so nice that we weren't as good as Hull though!

Don't understand the view that they were as good as us or that they deserved a point either. I know all fans have rose-tinted specs to some degree but I think anyone could see we were much the better side?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm sure some of them must be quite intelligent (and great away support btw) but that accent really does make them all sound thick as fook.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Did the woman at the end say, "we are just as good as them?"....Women and football hey? Clueless!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
To a person everyone on the film was very positive. Now the film maker could have chosen which interviews to put in to the final edit but ultimately the positivity was refreshing.

They def didn't deserve a point.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Looks like looooooads of people missed Bobby's winner.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Excellent video and quite a few interesting things came out of it for me. Firstly Stockdale's save from Davies at the end looked even better from behind him but PIGs save from Kayal's free kick looked great too. In real time it looked straight at him - actually he had to adjust the wrong way. I also thought Birmingham hardly sang. In fact they must have been quite a bit. I think this is where some of the atmosphere threads go wrong. We were in WSU which was louder than normal. Therefore couldn't hear them and sometimes we drowned out or joined in with the North. I bet if you were in certain bits of the ground though you wouldn't have heard WSU and would have heard the Birmingham fans. It's the noise on the pitch that matters in the end.

Birmingham were one of my least favourite fans back from the days when me and three mates were chased back to New Street by about 30 of them who'd mobbed up outside a McDonalds and heard our accents. However, we had a good chat with some on the train home and another group watching the boxing in the Walkabout and they were sound lads, just out for a drink and a laugh and very complimentary about how well we played, particularly in the first half. They all picked out March and Kayal as our best players.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Lol at them all being sure they'll win on the way down![emoji23]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That was a really well done fan video. Kudos to the film maker.

Not a 'fan video' as such, is it? I presume 'BluesTV' is their official site?

Anyway - excellent video. Would have been good to have seen the dissallowed goal from that angle.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Birmingham were one of my least favourite fans back from the days when me and three mates were chased back to New Street by about 30 of them who'd mobbed up outside a McDonalds and heard our accents. However, we had a good chat with some on the train home and another group watching the boxing in the Walkabout and they were sound lads, just out for a drink and a laugh and very complimentary about how well we played, .

Seems strange that said mob chased but became good mates on the train?:eek:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seems strange that said mob chased but became good mates on the train?:eek:

VERY different games. We got chased up there after we'd won in the 80s. We were daft kids and weren't quite up with what a dodgy place it was back then.

This Saturday was when my opinion of them changed. They were pretty gracious in defeat and proper football fans without looking for aggro.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Looks like looooooads of people missed Bobby's winner.

Yeah I was bloody one, half time comes.... me too my six year old "are you hungry ?".... "No daddy I am ok"..... teams come out for the second half...... "Daddy I am starving"..... "Oh fecking hell..... Come on lets be quick then".....

She wanted to see Bobby Zee and what all the fuss was about....

Bloody children...

The sad thing was we were three rows back in the north stand & it looks like he ran too where we were bloody sat.....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not a 'fan video' as such, is it? I presume 'BluesTV' is their official site?

Anyway - excellent video. Would have been good to have seen the dissallowed goal from that angle.
Oh I didn't see that. Still a good video though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Suprised how many thought they'd win. I guess they had the best away record.

They had a few chances but so did we - I guess most were thinking 'if that shot at the end went in we'd have had a point so yes we deserved a point' :lol:

How LOUD did the Amex sound when singing and when goals went in?! Superb!

Also noticeable it looked a lot fuller at the end and less early leavers - nice to see.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Good video! I think it captures the optimism and positive reflection most fans have for their club. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves which says a lot when you go home without a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here