Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the most bananas you've gone for any SINGLE Albion goal?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What one Albion goal has made you completely lose it? Loads of contenders for going completely nuts over a single goal.

I'm bound to have missed a few, but here's some to start....

Case free kick in the FA Cup semi?

Smith or Stevens in the final?

STOOOOOOOREEEEEEEER ?

Reinelt at Hereford?

Virgo in the play-off semi at Withdean?

Leon Knight penalty at The Millennium?

Buckley against Donny first game at The Amex?

Think for me it was Reinelt at Hereford.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
For sheer unbridled 'I can't actually believe that just happened' joy, probably the final penalty againt Man City. It's not often a single goal means you know you've actually gone and done it.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Top 5:

1. Robbie Reinault at Hereford United.

2. Stuart Storer at the Goldstone v Doncaster Rovers.

3. Paul McShane at Selhurst (even though I was in the boxes above the supermarket!)

4. Danny Cullip's league title winning header v's Chesterfield at Withdean (fortunate to be in hospitality that night, what an atmosphere with the players, manager and trophy after the match!)

5. Dean Wilkins' free kick against Ipswich Town at the Goldstone getting us into the 1991 play-offs. A mental North Stand surge!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The most mental was undoubtedly Wilkins' free kick against Ipswich to put us in to the playoffs with the last kick. I was standing down the front of the North near PC Beard's gap and I somehow found myself in the centre circle. I was far from alone :blush:

This season there have already been quite a few "go bananas" moments with my son (aged 9) who's now a regular. Much bouncing in the corner of the away end to Hemed's penalty at Fulham and mass jumping round the kitchen when the radio informed us of the third goal at Ipswich (Hemed again). The whole bit of our bit of the WSU went absolutely FRUITLOOP when Bobby scored against Bristol City too.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What one Albion goal has made you completely lose it? Loads of contenders for going completely nuts over a single goal.

Think for me it was Reinelt at Hereford.

Same, never felt as sick or tense watching any game then that goal .. completely lost it and mildly concussed after being elbowed in the head!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bobby Zamoras goal against Bristol the stadium went a bit nuts.

Generally away day celebrations beat anything at a home game. However Lopezs free kick against Palace I lost my shit also Buckleys winner against Donny Plus any last minute winner. The Penalty away at Fulham this season for instance I ended up 5 rows backwards.

Most Important and memorable goals arent scored at a time when you can really lose your shit.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bobby Zamoras goal against Bristol the stadium went a bit nuts.

Generally away day celebrations beat anything at a home game. However Lopezs free kick against Palace I lost my shit also Buckleys winner against Donny Plus any last minute winner. The Penalty away at Fulham this season for instance I ended up 5 rows backwards.

Most Important and memorable goals arent scored at a time when you can really lose your shit.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Definitely McShane at selhurst, I flew down about 10 rows in the aisle and ended in a massive bundle as everyone tripped over as they flew down the stairs. Also in that game celebrated when Morissons goal was disallowed as if we'd scored again.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
Very, very difficult one, as I was jumping about like a lunatic for all three of these ....for me, either Robbie Reinault (Vs Hereford) or Dean Wilkins (Vs Ipswich) or Gordon Smith (Vs Man Utd)

For pure, unbridled schoolboy joy, has got to be Gordon Smith's header at Wembley..

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yes to Wilkins, I was in the South Stand perfectly positioned. Johnny Byrne at Anfield was a good celebration.
Who did Frank Worthington volley home against? Edge of the area and in front of the North Stand?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here