hughton-post-bham-l229-2827243_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
10:24 30th November 2015
by James Hilsum
I thought that it was an exceptional crowd today."
Chris Hughton
CHRIS HUGHTON praised the backing of the Brighton & Hove Albion fans after Saturday’s 2-1 win over Birmingham City.The Albion boss was delighted with the atmosphere inside the Amex and was pleased that his side put in an equally impressive performance to match the support.
He said, “I thought that it was an exceptional crowd today. We have another home game next week and in the build up to Christmas, you sometimes see the crowds dwindle in this division, but the support was exceptional.
“It was certainly a very entertaining performance. There was a little period when it was perhaps a bit too end-to-end and we certainly needed to get that extra goal.
“When James Wilson went through, I thought that it was the one that was going to relieve that bit of pressure.
“We were up against a very good team in Birmingham. They played very well on the counter attack with good pace and good organisation.
“It showed us the levels that you need to have to get a result in this division.”
The Albion manager praised Bobby Zamora’s performance after he netted the second goal against the Blues.
“When you assess Bobby’s contribution, the period of time that he has been here, and the goals, it is not as if he is missing a lot of chances or that he is not having any. He is probably putting a fair percentage of his chances away and that is due to his know-how, quality, and experience.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

GARY ROWETT is pleased with Birmingham City’s position in the Sky Bet Championship table, despite a frustrating 2-1 defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion.
He said, "We are disappointed with our points tally in recent games. Not about the way we have played, because we have done okay.
"To still be sitting sixth after 18 games is a big positive. We have come a long way and to be disappointed, a bit frustrated, shows the levels we have got to.
"I don't think we're that far away from the five teams above us. It's that extra bit of quality and that extra bit of savvy which we occasionally need. But we are not a million miles away."
Rowett admitted that he was disappointed with some of Birmingham’s defensive play and thought both of Brighton’s goals were avoidable.
"You know Brighton are going to cause you some problems. They did in the first half in particular.
"I spoke to our defensive lads, our full-backs, we need to be better than that one versus one.
"March gave them some impetus and we had to stop them down the sides. In all fairness we showed a lot of character and kept going.
"But if you look at their two goals we have to defend better than that, we have got to stop giving silly goals away.
"After that, when we got our defensive structure right, we broke and were very, very dangerous.
"When we passed the ball we passed it well, we got into some good positions. It was just the finish we lacked.”

[h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON ATHLETIC*
[/h]SATURDAY 5TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH*
[/h]SATURDAY 19TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V IPSWICH TOWN**
[/h]TUESDAY 29TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here