Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls better off than Bulls

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
How did the additional security measures pan out on Saturday at the Amex? Saw this yesterday from New York Red Bulls- we have a long way to go before we reach this level of paranoia!
4f74eac4054c6610b4f81d98f57148c3.jpg

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
As that is in the USA the cynic in me would say that they ban these things to stop people bringing anything in from outside that wasn't purchased in the stadium rather than as a security measure.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Fanny means your arse over there.

Not your minge.

attachment.php

Attachments

• handmade-scotch-egg-1-of-1.jpg
    handmade-scotch-egg-1-of-1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,755

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As that is in the USA the cynic in me would say that they ban these things to stop people bringing anything in from outside that wasn't purchased in the stadium rather than as a security measure.

Not just the USA. The Amex concourse outlets benefited significantly from the instruction to arrive 30-45 mins early Saturday.

"Unintended consequences of commercial value" if one is being generous. But not something that Paul Barber will have missed. He will have offset this, in budgetary terms, to the additional security staff costs.

PG

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Because you brought it to attention. I pulled a gun off a 16 year old gang member on Sunday who said he needed it at the Walgreens because a rival gang from 20 blocks south of the Loop (downtown area of Chicago) was in the area due to a protest march because a young gang member had been shot by a patrol officer 16 times as the gang member on PCP would not stop running down the middle of the street with a knife on which the blade was not extended one year ago. After trying to suppress the video, saying there are extenuating circumstances and finally cooperating with a judge by releasing the video of an outright murder by an officer over reacting, the Chicago police are showing the way to avoid much of the violence that has plagued major US cities after controversial police shootings. I believe you will see the same modus operandi in other US cities when another poor judgement by a police officer leads to a justifiable reaction by minorities in the city.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the 16 year old yelled to his buddy that "James Bond" was arresting him. It gave me a slight giggle at the time which I was barely able to suppress.

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Because you brought it to attention. I pulled a gun off a 16 year old gang member on Sunday who said he needed it at the Walgreens because a rival gang from 20 blocks south of the Loop (downtown area of Chicago) was in the area due to a protest march because a young gang member had been shot by a patrol officer 16 times as the gang member on PCP would not stop running down the middle of the street with a knife on which the blade was not extended one year ago. After trying to suppress the video, saying there are extenuating circumstances and finally cooperating with a judge by releasing the video of an outright murder by an officer over reacting, the Chicago police are showing the way to avoid much of the violence that has plagued major US cities after controversial police shootings. I believe you will see the same modus operandi in other US cities when another poor judgement by a police officer leads to a justifiable reaction by minorities in the city.

I saw that video last week, brutal.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Yes of course it would. Mind you, if they'd had equal opportunities back then when they made it, they'd probably have included a right to bear handbags too!

Do bears need handbags? What would they keep in it, toilet roll?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not just the bag bans, at Yankee Stadium, mobiles etc have to be placed in tray and you have to pass through airport style metal detectors.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I was at that game – it was a total shambles. Firstly a lot of people clearly didn’t read the advise to get there early so there was a mass of people turning up just before kickoff and as a result the 7.30 kickoff was delayed by 30 minutes. Secondly having gone through an airport style check when you went into the ground they carried out an almost identical check at the turnstiles, which suggested to me they had bugger all confidence in the herberts doing the first check. Any way you look at it the terrorists have really won as so many everyday things like getting a flight or going to a sporting fixture are now a pain in the arse because of all the extra security measures.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How did the additional security measures pan out on Saturday at the Amex?
The staff where I went into the ground didn't know what they were doing. Guy behind me had a rucksack, and they just didn't bother checking it at all, because there was no system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here