Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meanwhile, over in Switzerland...

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
While we are revelling in a record-breaking start to the season, poor old Sami is continuing to struggle.

Today's result: Grasshoppers Zurich 5 FC Zurich 0. Now bottom of the table.

Will always wish him well. If he hadn't fallen on his sword, we would be enjoying/enduring League One football at the moment.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh, leave him alone! He seems to have been a decent bloke, and I'm sure he did his best. Anyway, he needs to earn a living (or maybe not......as a prem. league professional footballer he's probably already raked in more than you and I will do in a lifetime!).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here's an ex manager itch I've tried to ignore all day, mainly because I'm usually rallying against us living in the past.
But with CH's style and skills looming large on NSC, it's hard not to wonder about the big achievements.

I'll drop it in on this thread and hope nobody notices:-

How do you think a certain ex manager would currently be acting if his team had gone undefeated for the first 18 games?

For me just the thought of the circus makes me all the more grateful for Hughton.
Although that'll be a purely hindsight reaction, as I'm sure in the moment I'd be loving the big headed, chesty, egotastic exuberance.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How do you think a certain ex manager would currently be acting if his team had gone undefeated for the first 18 games?
Always dignified in adversity. Any particular reason for thinking he wouldn't be equally magnanimous in the face of an 18 game unbeaten run? Or just didn't like him for some reason?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Here's an ex manager itch I've tried to ignore all day, mainly because I'm usually rallying against us living in the past.
But with CH's style and skills looming large on NSC, it's hard not to wonder about the big achievements.

For me just the thought of the circus makes me all the more grateful for Hughton.
Although that'll be a purely hindsight reaction, as I'm sure in the moment I'd be loving the big headed, chesty, egotastic exuberance.

CH's understated class is a perfect fit for this team. No Billy Big Bollocks antics seems to be a real strength in my book.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Always dignified in adversity. Any particular reason for thinking he wouldn't be equally magnanimous in the face of an 18 game unbeaten run? Or just didn't like him for some reason?
Always dignified in adversity isn't how I'd explain his last utterings at the AMEX.
I don't imagine for one minute he'd be 'moving onto the next game', in a low key almost dour manner.
That's not to say I wouldn't be enjoying the moment, his press conferences would be electric.

Even though this run is clearly all about Hughton (and Tony's cheque book) I can imagine there are non Albion fans who don't know who the manager is. I doubt the same could be said for previous incumbents.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

.....and know that would be the headlines on his application for jobs at much bigger clubs with higher ceilings.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I confess that following both Gus and Sami's post- Albion careers is morbidly fascinating. Sami needs to give up the managing, he really isn't very good at it. It worked for a time when he had a decent assistant, but he must be one of Europe's least successful managers over the last 2 seasons,

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I confess that following both Gus and Sami's post- Albion careers is morbidly fascinating. Sami needs to give up the managing, he really isn't very good at it. It worked for a time when he had a decent assistant, but he must be one of Europe's least successful managers over the last 2 seasons,

Spot on. Get a job as defensive coach somewhere Sami......

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't stand it, which is why I hate myself for writing it.

It's just the longer this run has gone on Hughton is becoming more fascinating because that's the one thing he isn't.
Chances are we could play back his post match after losing 1-0 @ Rotherham and it would be almost identical to yesterday, having overseen a fabulous team performance.

The guy is just so professional.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Should I have entitled the thread, "Meanwhile, over in Greece..."?

If Gus's ego is really that big, he would be delighted the direction this thread has taken!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No/ Perhaps I'm just confused as this is a Sami Hyypia thread (over in Switzerland and all that). Still, I take comfort that if I'm confused, at least I'm not alone. #SB..........

I was reading btw the lines, and perhaps wrongly. Where is a glass of wine...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here