Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gavin Ward referee?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not convinced that the first two words should be linked to the third in your thread title?
Perhaps "abysmal" would be more aposite

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wrongly disallowed goal, should have been 2-3 earlier yellows for their players, booked Stephens after BZ had been hacked from behind which he did nothing about..........appeared incompetent.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
He was god awful and tried to make himself the star attraction in the 2nd half. The worst one was Birmingham player throws the ball into touch about 1m wide of Solly March and then Ward books March for not being able to catch a ball 1m away from him. Total Joke

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When Gus was manager, I thought refs were biased against us because of his reactions and our continental play acting. It seems I was wrong and there are just a multitude of incompetent refs around. You won't find a more honest team or manager than we have now and still we get cnts for refs :smile:

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
The two additional added minutes were a joke. From the same corner that solly was laughably booked there were 3 brum lads encroaching in the 10 yard line, very visably marked on the pitch. Rightly we waited to take the corner until they retreated which they did not, then under further threat of another booking for time wasting had to take it. To add insult to injury he then added on that time. To be fair to the officials i thought 6 minutes was spot on with subs, goals etc

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I don't think he was the worse ref we have had , but he made some very strange decisions and he seemed to get worse as the match went on .i think the last 15 mins he just got lot of decisions wrong , including extra time and the bookings for time wasting .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It wasnt according to the big clock slightly over 6 due to time added on for time wasting during the added on time.

He played seven & a half minutes in the end.

I was a bit surprised when the board went up with six on it, but equally, it was quite clear that he was making allowances for Stockdale's timewasting, as he kept indicating as much when he did so.

Only thing that grinds my gears slightly is the inability of many people to grasp that the added time displayed by the fourth official is a minimum, and thus if you waste time in added time, then he'll add more on. I've seen supposedly educated pundits on Match of the Day getting this wrong.

Funnier still that Rowett complained about our time wasting...then mentioned that his team would have done exactly the same in the circumstances. How can you complain if that's the case??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here