Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davis Cup Victory

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
What a fantastic result and specifically an amazing performance by Andy Murray.

One (Murray) family which will hopefully sew the seeds of a terrific upturn in tennis in the UK.

The Andy Murray doubters and negative posters on here should now be silenced for ever !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not really as the format which allows 1 man to win it as happened this week and in the past with Sampras and others is wrong. They should only be permitted to play in a maximum 2 rubbers for it to have any positive impact on tennis in general

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Amazed no one has given too much of a mention. Amazing performance by the team, Andy was awesome. Maybe the Australian Open..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not into Tennis, but my hat is off to you Andy (I think he's on NSC), very very impressive.

Jul 7, 2003
Ridiculously large trophy that they won.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Great to see a British team triumph in any sport, especially one that we are normally, Andy Murray apart, absolutely abysmal in.

The problem is, that if Andy gives the Davis Cup a miss next year, I can see us losing to either San Marino or Christmas Island in the first round.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Great to see a British team triumph in any sport, especially one that we are normally, Andy Murray apart, absolutely abysmal in.

The problem is, that if Andy gives the Davis Cup a miss next year, I can see us losing to either San Marino or Christmas Island in the first round.

:lolol:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think the media coverage of this is ridiculous. A one man team when other countries were not taking it seriously ?

At the same time the heavy weight champion of the world in boxing has been won by a British/ Irish fighter who beat a champion who has not lost in 11 years deserves more credit.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well done Gash !

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
A one man team when other top players refuse to play.

Yes it's amazing and welcome, but agree it would be even better if they limited a player to 2 matches or in other words made you use 4 not 2 or 3 players total.

It is very positive though and will hopefully lead to more youngsters taking it up

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When Murray played his final shot, he went down like he'd been shot and a couple of theatrical rolls. It was a dive, the Belgian was no where near him, I don't think this type of behaviour should be encouraged

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here