Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Austin......Would you?

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
It looks as though QPR may well take their last chance to get anything for Charlie Austin in the January transfer window. He certainly knows where the goal is & has proven himself in this league & The Premiership so given that the price would be what I imagine would be affordable do you think that he is a player we should be looking at bringing in come January? We could do a lot worse.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
pretty sure he's said he wants to stay put for now, and QPR were holding out for north of 12m in the summer. he'd go to a Premiership team, we'd be out bid by anyone wanting his services.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No, don't think we should. We now have Wilson, Hemed, Zamora and Baldock to come back hopefully soon, so I think that is a department we are okay with right now.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
He will be a free agent in the summer, wages would probably be way out of our structure but considering we could well be a Premier League club there could be enough money in the budget. I am not actually advocating getting him just curious what people think.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Personally I have a feeling Richie Towell will be our new Peter Ward so we won't need Austin but I do think Austin is a good option & is a natural goal scorer a la Vardy. As for Murray, lets move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here